Low Cost Smart Automation System with Energy Meter
AbstractAutomation and the Internet of Things (IoT) has become a hot topic in the present tech-driven world. Smart security solutions, smart home automation, smart health care, smart wearable’s etc. are in-trend applications of IoT, and by the near future we expect to see its application to a city's transportation system or smart power grids.. Nowadays there are lots of automation products that are available in the market but the cost of which is not affordable to the common man to use it at home or office. Home automation have various applications such as: Lighting control system, Appliance control and integration, Security, Leak and smoke detection, Home automation for the elderly and disabled etc. Mostly all automation products needs special wiring and is not retro fit to their current switches. Automation for both smart and those who are not that smart should also be able to use automation. The research aims at finding sensors and IC’s that are cheap and with little modification on the software will reduce cost and making it small enough to fit into the current switch box so the little wiring will convert the current system to smart automatic system. It works on the principle of IOT with a central server to allow access from outside the premises of the system using mobile with internet connectivity. The energy meter also provides all the active and reactive power components of the equipment's connected to the system. In this project most of the objectives were achieved including features and cost optimization. Further research needs to incorporate camera and other security features.
Raihanath P.P, Haripriya P “An ARM Based Smart Home System Using ESP8266”, International Journal for Research in Engineering Application & Management, Volume 4, Issue 4, 2018,ISSN 2454-9150
Naresh Kumar, Praveer Singh “Economical Home Automation System using Arduino UNO”, Advances in Computational Sciences and Technology, Volume 10, Number 6 (2017), ISSN 0973-6107
S. Hong, D. Kim, M. Ha, S. Bae, S. Park, W. Jung and J. E. Kim,"SNAIL: An IP-based wireless sensor network approach to the internet of things", IEEE Wireless Commun., vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 34-42, 2010
David N. et al., “Design of Home Automation”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, 2015, ISSN 2229-5518
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.