Analysis of Recreational Carrying Capacity of Urban Parks and Urban Forests in DKI Jakarta Province
AbstractGreen Open Space (GOS) in the Capital Special Area (Daerah Khusus Ibu Kota/DKI) Jakarta, both in the form of urban park and urban forest has very important function for recreation or any other greening function. In term of recreation & tourism, one of the most important arrangement aspect in GOS management is the carrying capacity (CC), which is not only important to be acknowledged in order to enforce the aspects of sustainability, but also important to be managed well to reach customer satisfaction aspects. Therefore, by using purposive sampling methode there have been done a series of research about the carrying capacity of three GOS, namely urban park (Taman) Suropati (well established area), urban forest-park (Taman Hutan Kota/THK) Honda-Tebet (established area), and THK Penjaringan (less established area); specifically related to physical carrying capacity aspect and psychologycal carrying capacity aspect. Primary data retrieval is done by direct measuring of recreational space usage (for the physical CC/PCC) and by spreading the closed-ended questionnaires instrument (for the psychology CC/CFp) that data adopted the One Score One Indicator Criteria Scoring System. The result of study shows that at the three GOS’s the CFp take an important role to reduce the PCC significantly range from 78% up to 92% to become its real carrying capacity (RCC).
. Avenzora R. 2008. Ekoturisme - evaluasi tentang konsep. Di dalam Avenzora R, editor. Ekoturisme teori dan praktek. Aceh (ID): BRR NAD-Nias. hlm 1-18.
. Avenzora R, Dahlan EN, Sunarminto T, Nurazizah GR, Utari WD,ƒ Utari AV. 2013. Ecological and psychological carrying capacity of ecotourism activities. Di dalam Avenzora R, Teguh F, editor. Ecotourism and sustainable tourism development in Indonesia – potentials, lessons and best practices. Jakarta (ID): PT Gramedia. Hlm. 507-538.
. Arnberger A, Haider W. 2005. Social effects on crowding preferences of urban
. Arnberger A. 2006. Recreation use of urban forests: An inter-area comparison. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 4(3–4), 135–144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2006.01.004
. Arnberger A, Haider W. 2007. A Comparison of Global and Actual Measures of Perceived Crowding of Urban Forest Visitors. Journal of Leisure Research, 39(4), 668–685. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222216.2007.11950127
. Arnberger A, Aikoh T, Eder R., Shoji Y, Mieno T. 2010. How many people should be in the urban forest? A comparison of trail preferences of Vienna and Sapporo forest visitor segments. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 9(3), 215–225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2010.01.002
. Berry BJL. 1963. Commercial Structure and Commercial Blight: Retail Pattern and Process in the city of Chicago” in Department of Geography Research Paper 85,University of Chicago. Chicago.
. Campo S, Yague MJ. 2008. Effect of Price on Tourist Satisfaction. Tourism economics, 14(3): 657-661.
. Chen B, Qi X. 2018. Protest response and contingent valuation of an urban forest park in Fuzhou City, China. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 29 (September 2017), 68–76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2017.11.005
. Cifuentes M. 1992. Determinacion de Capacidad de Carga truistica en areas protegidas. Publicacion patrocinada por el fondo mundial para la naturaleza-WWF. 194
. Clivaz C, Hausser Y, Michelet J. 2004. Tourism monitoring system based on the concept of carrying capacity – The case of the regional Natural Park Pfyn-Finges (Switzerland). Finish Forest Research Institute. 2:230-235.
. Forest Department. 2015a. Data Taman Jenis Taman Kota di Provinsi DKI Jakarta. data.jakarta.go.id/dataset/tamankotadkijakarta. [April 08, 2019]
. Forest Department. 2015b. Data Taman Jenis Taman Kota di Provinsi DKI Jakarta. data.jakarta.go.id/dataset/luashutankotajakartaperlokasibesertaketeranganlainnya. [April 08, 2019]
. Janowsky DV, Becker G. 2003. Characteristics and needs of different user groups in the urban forest of Stuttgart. Journal for Nature Conservation, 11(4), 251–259. https://doi.org/10.1078/1617-1381-00056
. Hammit WE. 2002. Urban Forest and Parks As Privacy Refuges. Journal of Arboriculture 28 : 19 – 26.
. Harris CD, Ullman EL. 1945. The Nature of Cities in The Annals of The American Academy of Political and Social Science. volume 242.
. Kamperman A. 2000. Temporal aspects of theme park choice behavior. Modeling variety seeking, seasonality and diversification to support theme park planning [disertasi]. Eindhoven: Faculteit Bouwkunde, Capaciteitsgroep Stedebouw, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven.
. Khair U. 2006. Kapasitas daya dukung fisik kawasan ekowisata di Taman Wisata Alam (TWA) Sibolangit Kabupaten Deli Serdang [tesis]. Medan (ID): Program Pascasarjana, Universitas Sumatera Utara.
. Konijnendijk CC. 2003. A decade of urban forestry in Europe. Forest Policy and Economics, 5(2), 173–186. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1389-9341(03)00023-6
. Maldonado E, Montagnini F. 2005 Carrying Capacity of La Tigra National Park, Honduras, Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 19:4, 29-48, DOI: 10.1300/ J091v19n04_03
. Nurazizah GR. 2013. Kajian Daya Dukung Ekologi Dan Psikologi Untuk Wisata Di Taman Bertema - Taman Wisata Matahari, Cisarua Bogor [tesis]. Bogor (ID): Program Pascasarajana, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
. Pigram JJ, Jenkins JM. 1999. Outdoor recreation management. London: Routledge.
. Rahmani A, Fakhraee A, Karami S, Kamari Z. 2015. A quantitative approach to estimating carrying capacity in determining the ecological capability of urban tourism areas (case study: Eram Boulevard of Hamadan City). Asia pacific journal of tourism research.
. Ratcliff RV. 1949. Urband Land Economics. Mc Graw Hillbook Company,Inc. New York.
. Saveriades A. 2000. Establishing the social tourism carrying capacity for the tourist resort of the east coast of the Republic of Cyprus. Tourism Management. 21:147-156.
. Seidl I, Tisdell CA. 1999. Carrying capacity reconsidered: from Malthus’ population theory to cultural carrying capacity. Ecological Economics. 31:395-408.
. Siswantoro H. 2012. Kajian daya dukung lingkungan wisata alam Taman Wisata Alam Grojongan Sewu Kabupaten Karanganyar [tesis]. Semarang (ID): Program Pascasarjana, Universitas Diponegoro.
. Sitania YS. 2016. Daya Dukung Ekologi dan Psikologi di Kawasan Wisata Ciwidey, Kabupaten Bandung [tesis]. Bogor (ID): Program Pascasarajana, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
. Sugiyono. 2012. Metode penelitian kuantitatif kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
. Suleva DT. 2007. Management Strategies of Theme Park in The Experience Economy Context. A Focus on Action Aqua Park’s Customer’s Behavior and Management Policy. Ph.D. Dissertation, Bournemouth University, United Kingdom.
. Sulistiyana RT, Hamid D, Azizah DF. 2015. Pengaruh fasilitas wisata dan harga terhadap kepuasan konsumen (Studi pada museum satwa). Jurnal administrasi bisnis (JAB). 25 (1):1-9
. Tyrväinen, L, Pauleit S. Seeland K, de Vries S. 2005. Benefits and Uses of Urban Forest and Trees. In (eds) Konijnendijk, C.C., Nilsson, K., Randrup, T.B., Schipperijn, J., 2005. Urban Forests and Trees. Springer.
. William C, Buswell J. 2003. Service quality in leisure and tourism. Wallingford UK: CABI Publishing.
. Zacarias DA, William AT, Newton A. 2011. Recreation carrying capacity estimations to support beach management at Praira de Fairo, Portugal. Applied Geography. 31: 1075-1081.
. Zgolli S, Zaiem I. 2017. Customer-to-customer interaction in tourism experience: moderating role of nationality. Arab economic and business journal. 12(1):44-56
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.