The Effect of Concentration of Structure and Optical Properties of Thin Films Synthesized by Sol-Gel Methods Spin Coating
AbstractZnO thin films have been successfully synthesized by the method of sol-gel spin coating and mixing processes reflux technique. Materials used Zinc acetate dehydrate Zn (CH3COOH)2 2H2O, isopropanol and diethanolamine (DEA) are respectively as base material, solvent and stabilizer. Zinc acetate dehydrate Zn (CH3COOH)2 2H2O with various concentration of 0.6 M; 0.7 M and 0.8 M dissolved by the solvent isopropanol was then stabilized with diethanolamine (DEA). The molar ratio between the DEA and ZnAc is 1: 1. ZnO thin films on a glass substrate made by spin-coating technique with a rotation speed of 5000 rpm, for 30 seconds and calcination performed by pre-heating temperature of 300oC and 500oC annealing temperature. The results of the characterization of ZnO thin films by XRD indicates all hexagonal shaped crystal structure and the small crystal size of 25.4 nm for a concentration of 0.6 M. The results of the characterization of ZnO thin films by UV-Vis showed the highest transmittance value of 59.0% for concentrations of 0.7 M and the value of the energy band gap of 3.13 eV smallest to the concentration of 0.8 M.
C.T.Chen, C.L. Cheng, T.T. Chen, Y.F. Chen, (2009). Improved physical properties of ZnO nanostructures by inclusim. Material Letters 537
M.Saravanakumar, S.Agilan and N.Muthukumarasamy. (2014). Effect of Annealing Temperature on Characterization of ZnO thin films by sol-gel method. International Journal of Chem Tech Research Coden (USA): Vol 6 No 5
Changzheng. Z, (2009). Effect of the oxygen pressure on the microstructure and optical properties of ZnO film prepared by laser moleculer beam epitaxy. Elsevier Physics B 404
Sungyeon, K. (2006). Fabrication of Zn/ZnO Nanocables Through Thermal Oxidation of Nanowires Grown by RF Magnetron Sputtering. Elsevier Journal of Cristal Growth. Vol 290.
Zhu, B.L, (2009). Low Temperature Annealing Effects on the Structure and Optical Properties of ZnO Films Grown by Pulsed Laser Deposition. Vacum Elsevier, Vol 84.
C. Gumus, O.M. Ozkendir, H. Kavak and Y. Upuktepe, (2006). Structural and Optical Properties of Zinc Oxide Thin Films Prepared by Spray Pyrolysis Method. Jounal of Optoelectronic and Advanced Materials Vol 8.
Muhammad M.Ali. (2011). Characterization of ZnO thin films grown by chemical bath deposition. Journal of Basrah Reseaarches (Sciences) Vol 37.
George. A. (2010). Microstructurure and field emission characteristics of ZnO nanoneedles grown by physical vapor deposition. Elsevier Materials Chemistry and Physics Vol 123.
Ziaul Rizal Khan, Mohd Shoeb Khan, Mohammad Zulfequar and Mohd Shahid Khan. (2011). Optical And Structural Properties Of ZnO Thin Films Fabricated by Sol-gel Methods. Materials Sciences Aplication.
Cheng, X.L, (2004). ZnO nano particulate thin film: preparation, characterization and gas sensing property. Elsevier Sensor and Actuators, Vol 102
K. Wasa dan S. Hayekawa, (1992). Handbook of Sputter Deposition Technology. Princeples, Tecknology and Application Noyes Publication
Cullity B.D and Stoc. S.R, (2001). Elemente of X-Ray of diffractions, Prentice Hall.
Ans Farooq dan Muhammad Kamran. (2012). Effect of Sol Concentration on Structural and Optical Behavior of ZnO Thin Films Prepared by Sol-gel Spin Coating. International Journal of Applied Physics and Mathematics, Vol 2 No 6
Nagarani Nagayasami, Saroja Gandhimathination dan Vasu Veerasamy. (2013). The Effect of ZnO Thin Films and Its Structural and Optical Properties Prepared By Sol-gel Spin Coating Method. Open Journal of Metal, Scientific Research
Sharul Ashikin Kamaruddin, Kah-Yoong Chan, Ho-Kwang Yow, Mohd Zainizan Sahdan, Hashim Saim dan Dietmar Knipp, (2011). Zinc oxide films prepared by sol
M. Saleem, L. Fang, H. B. Ruan, F. Wu1, Q. L. Huang, C. L. Xu dan C. Y. Kong, (2012). Effect of zinc acetate concentration on the structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films deposited by Sol-Gel method International Journal of Physical Sciences Vol. 7(23), pp. 2971-2979.
D. Sridevi dan K.V. Rajendran. (2009). Synthesis And Optical Characteristics Of ZnO Nanocrystals. Bull Mater Sci, Vol 32. Indian Academy Of Sciences.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.