Endurance of Endometriosis Patients after Surgery Using Survival Analysis
AbstractEndometriosis is a disease that affects reproductive-aged women. Endometriosis is not a deadly disease but can cause severe pain and infertility. The delay in diagnosis caused the lesion was already quite large by the time it was discovered. One of reasons for the delay in diagnosis is assumption that pain during menstruation is normal. Nowadays, solution for this disease is surgery because cure has not been found yet. However, it does not guarantee recurrence of endometriosis. Therefore, this study aims to look for factors that affect the resilience of endometriosis patients since surgery using extended cox models. Results showed that age, surgical history, die, the largest lesion, endometriosis type, and type of surgery significantly affect on recurrence. Patients who have history of surgery, will have a risk of relapse 2.45 times compared to not have surgical history. Someone who has grade III or IV is 2.34 times as likely to relapse as someone who has grade I or II. Laparoscopic patients have 2.27 times more likely to experience recurrence than laparotomy. Someone who has higher age has lower risk of recurrence assuming other covariates are constant.
A. Elnouri. (2016, May). “Endometriosis and Fertility.” European Journal & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. [On-line]. 206, pp. 251. Available: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejogrb.2016.07.005. [Jan. 20, 2020]
. H. Hendarto. Endometriosis dari Aspek Teori sampai Penanganan Klinis. Surabaya, Indonesia: Airlangga University Press, 2015.
. T.W. Belnap, A.P. Brown, M.K. Dodson, J. Frandsen, D.K. Gaffney, M.M. Lum, et al. (2015, Jun.). “Survival Analysis of Cancer Patients with FIGO Stage IIIA Endometrial Cancer.” American Journal of Clinical Oncology. [On-line]. 38 (3), pp. 283-288. Available: https://doi.org/10.1097/coc.0b013e31829c12be [Jan. 17, 2020].
. M. Klein, D.G. Kleinbaum. Survival Analysis: A self-Learning Text. New York, US: Springer, 2012.
. Nurfain, S.W. Purnami. (2017, Mar.). “Analisis Regresi Cox Extended pada Pasien Kusta di Kecamatan Brondong Kabupaten Lamongan.” Jurnal Sains dan Seni ITS. [On-line]. 6(1), pp. 94-100. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.12962/j23373520.v6i1.22440 [Nov. 22, 2020].
. A. Mathew, J. Krishna, P.S. George. (2017, Jun) “Cancer Survival Estimates Due to Non-Uniform Loss to Follow-Up and Non-proportional Hazards. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. [On-line]. 18(6), pp. 1493-1497. Available: https://dx.doi.org/10.22034/APJCP.2017.18.6.1493 [Jun. 25, 2021]
. N. Lasmini. “Model Regresi Cox dengan Hazard Tak Proporsional dan Aplikasinya pada Waktu Ketahanan Pengguna Narkoba.” B.S. Thesis, IPB University, Indonesia, 2013.
. E. Suparman, E. Suparman. (2012, July). “Penatalaksanaan Endometriosis.” Jurnal Biomedik. [On-line]. 4 (2), pp. 69-78. Available: https://doi.org/10.35790/jbm.4.2.2012.754 [Jan. 20, 2020].
. L. Kiesel, M. Langhardt, F. Petraglia, T. Rabe, K.W Schweppe, J. Woziwodzki. (2013). “Endometriosis-Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Therapeutic Options for Clinical and Ambulatory Care.” Journal of Reproductive Medicine and Endocrinology. [On-line]. 10(1), pp. 102-119. Available: https://www.kup.at/kup/pdf/11285.pdf [Feb. 9, 2020].
. M.R. Akhoond, M. Ashrafi, S.J. Sadatmahalleh, M. Talebi. (2016, April). “Evaluation of Risk Factor Associated with Endometriosis in Infertile Women.” International Journal of Fertility and sterility. [On-line]. 10(1), pp. 11-21. Available: https://dx.doi.org/10.22074%2Fijfs.2016.4763 [Jan. 17, 2020].
. J. Harlan. Analisis Survival. Depok, Indonesia: Gunadarma, 2017.
. A. Kazemnejad, A. Mottagi, Sj. Sadatmahalleh, S. Youseflue. (2019, Sep). “The Association of Food Intake with Endometriosis Risk in Iranian Woman: A case-control study.” International Journal of Reproductive Biomedicine. [On-line]. 17(9), pp 661-670. Available: https://doi.org/10.18502/ijrm.v17i9.5102 [Jun, 25. 2021].
. N. Eliyati, S.I. Maiyanti, O. Dwipurwani, S.W. Hamidah. (2021, March). “Model Regresi Cox untuk Menganalisis Pengaruh Faktor Asupan Makanan terhadap Risiko Kekambuhan Endometriosis. Barekeng: Jurnal Imu Matematika dan Terapan. [On-line]. 15(1), pp 103-114. Available: https://doi.org/10.30598/barekengvol15iss1pp103-114 [Jun. 3, 2021].
. A. Ribeiro-Silva, C.M. Bonocher, J. Moela, J.C. Rosa-e-Silva, M.L. Montenegro, M.O. Brunaldi, R.A. Ferriani, R.L. Portella. (2019, Jun). “Efect of Physical Exercise on Endometriosis Experimentallly Induce in Rats.” Reproductive Sciences. [On-line]. 26(6), pp 785-793. Available: https://doi.org/10.1177/1933719118799205 [Jun. 25, 2021].
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.