Analysis of Factors Affecting Selection Decisions of Private Universities in Bali Through Brand Image Mediation Variables
AbstractThe increasing number of universities has caused intense competition to attract prospective students. The level of competition in looking for students is getting higher every day. Various ways have been done, such as showing off the potential and advantages of higher education. Purchasing decisions are very important things to consider because purchasing decisions are things that are used by companies to create marketing strategies that will be carried out. Purchasing decisions in the context of education, especially universities, are the same as decisions of new students in choosing universities. Therefore, this aspect is important to note. This study aims to determine the factors that affecting the selection decision consisting of promotion, academic culture, cost, and brand image. This research is an associative study with data collection techniques using a survey method which is analyzed by Structural Equation Modeling (SEM). Respondents in this study were 200 new students from STIKOM Bali, STIKI, STMIK Primakara, STD Bali, STMIK Badung Bali, and STMIK Denpasar. The research results show that promotion, academic culture, and costs have a significant effect on brand image. Promotion and brand image have a significant effect on selection decisions, but costs and academic culture do not have a significant effect on selection decisions. Promotion and academic culture have a significant effect on selection decisions through brand image, but costs do not have a significant effect on selection decisions through brand image.
. U. Sumarwan. Perilaku Konsumen : Teori dan Penerapannya dalam. Pemasaran, 1st ed. Jakarta: Ghalia Indonesia, 2003.
. P. Kotler. Manajemen Pemasaran, 13th ed. Jakarta: Erlangga, 2009.
. K. I. Pratiwi and K. Mandala. “Pengaruh Faktor Budaya, Sosial, Pribadi, Psikologis, dan Bauran Pemasaran Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Kebaya Bordir Pada Jegeg Ayu Boutique di Kuta”. E-Jurnal Manajemen Unud, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 3619–3645, 2015.
. A. P. Putera, D. Fadjari, and H. U. Toto. “The Influence of Cultural, Social, Personal and Psychological Factors on Consumer Decisions in Buying Bancassurance”. International Journal of Business Marketing and Management (IJBMM), vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 70-77, 2019.
. A. B. Susanto, J. Lapian, and A. Tumbuan. “The Influence of Cultural, Social, Personal, and Psychological on Consumer Purchase Decision Study on Tonasa Cement Product in Manado City”. Jurnal Berkala Ilmiah Efisiensi, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 198–206, 2016.
. W. Widayani. Modul Pendidikan Agama: Budaya Akademik dan Etos Kerja, Sikap Terbuka dan Adil. Jakarta: Pusat Pendidikan dan Pelatihan Tenaga Kesehatan Badan Pengembangan dan Pemberdayaan SDM, 2015.
. Thamrin. “Karakter Budaya Akademik dan Hubungannya dengan Prestasi Belajar Mahasiswa Jurusan Pendidikan Ekonomi FE Universitas Negeri Medan”. Jurnal Mediasi,vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 26-35, 2012.
. N. Aji, D. A. Setio, and A. Rofiq. “The Influence of Products and Promotions on Purchasing Decisions Mediated in Purchase Motivation”. Jurnal Aplikasi Manajemen, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 152–161, 2019.
. E. S. Imaningsih and S. Rohman. “The Model of Product Quality, Promotion, Price, and Purchase Decisions”. Jurnal Ekonomi, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 260–271, 2018.
. B. Swasta and Irawan. Manajemen Pemasaran Modern. Yogyakarta: Liberty, 2008.
. F. Tjiptono. Strategi Pemasaran, 3rd ed. Yogyakarta: CV. Andi, 2008.
. Albari and I. Safitri. “The Influence of Product Price on Consumers’ Purchasing Decisions”. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 328–337, 2018.
. I. Hustić and I. Gregurec. “The Influence of Price on Customer’s Purchase Decision”. Central European Conference on Information and Intelligent Systems, pp. 27–32, Sept. 2015.
. I. Bastian. Akuntansi untuk Kecamatan & Desa. Jakarta: Erlangga, 2015.
. D. Supriadi. Satuan Biaya Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosda Karya, 2003.
. R. V. Da Silva, and S. F. Alwi. “Cognitive, Affective Attributes and Conative, Behavioural Responses in Retail Corporate Branding”. Journal of Product & Brand Management, vol. 15, pp. 293-305, 2006.
. N. Bnu, et al. “Effect of Brand Image and Price Perception on Purchase Decision”. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 76–81, 2018.
. B. Foster. “Impact of Brand Image on Purchasing Decision on Mineral Water Product “Amidis” (Case Study on Bintang Trading Company)”. American Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (ARJHSS), vol. 2, pp. 1–11, 2016.
. C. G. Iwu, C. N. Osakwe, and J. O. Ajayi. “Exploring the Eff ects of Brand Promotion and Brand Image Perception on Business Outcomes of Small-sized Agribusiness Firms”. Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 1661-1669, 2015.
. D. Mandić. “Long-Term Impact of Sales Promotion on Brand Image”. Tržište, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 235–246, 2009.
. R. Leksono and Herwin. “Pengaruh Harga dan Promosi Grab Terhadap Brand Image yang Mempengaruhi Keputusan Pembelian Konsumen Pengguna Transportasi Berbasis Online”. Jurnal Riset Manajemen dan Bisnis (JRMB) Fakultas Ekonomi UNIAR, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 381-390, 2017.
. Noerchoidah. “Analisis Pengaruh Harga, Kualitas Produk dan Iklan Terhadap Brand Image dan Keputusan Pembelian Sepeda Motor Merek Kawasaki”. Jurnal WIGA, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 48–60, 2013.
. D. Bingol, I. Sener, and E. Cevik. “The Effect of Organizational Culture on Organizational Image and Identity: Evidence from a Pharmaceutical Company”. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 99, pp. 222–229, 2013.
. M. J. Hatch and M. Schultz. “Relations Between Organizational Culture, Identity, and Image”. European Journal of Marketing, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 356-365, 1997.
. D. A. Parasayu and Widayanto. “Pengaruh Kualitas Produk dan Promosi Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Indomie Goreng Melalui Brand Image Sebagai Variabel Intervening (Studi Kasus Pada Mahasiswa S1 Fisip Undip Semarang)”. Jurnal Ilmu Administrasi Bisnis, pp. 1-10, 2016.
. S. Purnamasari and Murwatiningsih. “Brand Image Sebagai Mediasi Pengaruh Promosi, Harga dan Sikap Konsumen Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Jamu Nyonya Meneer di Semarang Timur”. Management Analysis Journal, pp. 265-272, 2015.
. J. F. Hair , W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, R. E. and Anderson. Multivariate Data Analysis A Global Perspective, 7th ed. United States: Pearson, 2010.
. S. Solimun and A. A. Fernandes. “The Mediation Effect of Customer Satisfaction In Relationship Between Service Quality, Service Orientation And Marketing Mix Strategy to Customer Loyalty”. Journal of Management Development, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 76-87, 2018.
. H. Latan. Structural Equation Modelling: Konsep dan Aplikasi Menggunakan Program LISREL 8.80. Bandung: Alfabeta, 2012.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.