Determinants of Health Protocol Implementation During Covid-19 Pandemic in Kupang Regency Using the Health Belief Model Approach
AbstractThe spread of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) known as Covid-19 has persisted throughout Indonesia, as well as in Kupang Regency, since it was first reported in 2020. To prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the community, efforts must be made to apply health protocols in a disciplined manner. The purpose of this study is to find out what factors are associated with the implementation of health protocols in Kupang Regency using the Health Belief model approach. This is a cross-sectional study with a quantitative design. A survey using Google Forms was used to obtain data from 322 respondents in Kupang Regency. Data was collected during March to April of 2021. To determine the relationship of factors associated to the implementation of health protocols, data were examined using the Chi-Square: Fisher Test. According to the findings, the factors related to the health protocol were perceived susceptibility variables (p value 0.00) and perceived benefit variables (p value 0.00). During the Covid-19 epidemic in Kupang Regency, the perceived barrier variable was shown to have no relationship with the implementation of health protocols. As a result, it is advised that the government continue to conduct widespread socialization by incorporating community members such as cadres, religious leaders, and community leaders. The general public must likewise follow health protocols.
. Dirjen P2P Kemenkes RI. Pedoman Kesiapsiagaan Menghadapi Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). 5th ed. dr. Listiana Aziza, Sp.KP; Adistikah Aqmarina, SKM; Maulidiah Ihsan S, editor. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI; 2020.
. WHO. Situation by Region, Country, Territory & Area [Internet]. Geneva; 2020. Available from: https://covid19.who.int/table
. Kemenkes. Perkembangan Covid-19 [Internet]. Available from: http:covid19.kemkes.go.id
. NTT GC-19. Perkembangan Kasus Covid-19 di NTT [Internet]. Kupang; 2020. Available from: http:Covid19.nttprov.go.id
. Presiden RI. Instruksi Presiden Republik Indonesia Nomor 6 Tahun 2020 Tentang Peningkatan Disiplin Dan Penegakan Hukum Protokol Kesehatan Dalam Pencegahan Dan Pengendalian Corona Y/Rus D/Sease 2019. Indoneisa: Presiden Republik Indoensia; 2020 p. 1–9.
. Gubernur NTT . Peraturan Gubernur NTT Tentang Peningkatan Disiplin dan Penegakan Hukum Protokol Kesehatan Dalam Pencegahan Covid-19. NTT: Pemerintah Provinsi NTT; 2020.
. Bupati Kupang. Peraturan Bupati Kupang Tentang Pelaksanaan dan Penegakan Hukum Protokol Kesehatan Dalam Pencegahan Covid-19 di Kabupaten Kupang. Kupang: Pemerintah Kabupaten Kupang;
. BNPB. Pedoman Perubahan Perilaku Penanganan COVID-19 [Internet]. satgas Covid19. 2020. 60 p. Available from: https://covid19.go.id/storage/app/media/Materi Edukasi/Pedoman Perubahan Perilaku 18102020.pdf%0Ahttps://covid19.go.id/p/protokol/pedoman-perubahan-perilaku-penanganan-covid-19
. Glanz K, Rimer B k., Viswanath K. Health Behavior And Health Education. 4th ed. Orlean F by CT, editor. 2008. 590 p.
. Chu DK, Akl EA, Duda S, Solo K, Yaacoub S, Schünemann HJ, et al. Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet. 2020;395(10242):1973–87.
. Costa MF. Health belief model for coronavirus infection risk determinants. Rev Saude Publica [Internet]. 2020;54(May). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341282744
. Afro RC. Analisis Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Kepatuhan Terhadap Protokol Kesehatan Saat Pandemi Covid-19 Pada Masyarakat Jawa Timur: Pendekatan Health Belief Model. J Community Ment Heal Public Policy. 2021;3(1):1–10.
. Kemenkes. Keputusan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor Hk.01.07/Menkes/446/2021 Tentang Penggunaan. Indonesia: Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia; 2021 p. 1–16.
. Hochbaum (G.M. Health Belief Model (HBM. 1958;
. Bandura A, Adams NE. Analysis of self-efficacy theory of behavioral change. Cognit Ther Res. 1977;1(4):287–310.
. Mardiyah F. Apakah yang Dimaksud Protokol Kesehatan covid-19? 2020 Sep 7; Available from: https://tirto.id/apakah-yang-dimaksud-protokol-kesehatan-covid-19-f3W3
. Muthia A, Hendrawan A. Perancangan Masker Sebagai Alat Pelindung Diri Bagi Pengendara Sepeda Motor Wanita. Atrat [Internet]. 2017;5(3):208–19. Available from: file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/339-879-1-SM (1).pdf
. Kemenkes. Keputusan menteri kesehatan republik indonesia nomor hk.01.07/menkes/413/2020 tentang pedoman pencegahan dan pengendalian. Indonesia: Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia; 2020 p. 1–207.
. Sugiono. Metode Penelitian Administrasi. Jakarta; 2009.
. [DetikInet ATH-. Pengguna Internet Indonesia Didominasi Milenial. 2019; Available from: https://inet.detik.com/telecommunication/d-4551389/pengguna-internet-indonesia-didominasi-milenial
. Fauziah A. Analisi factor yang berhubungan dengan self acceptance penderita HIV dan AIDS dalam Kelompok Dukungan Sebaya (KDS) berdasarkan teori Health Belief Model. 2017.
. Silaban MW. Sri Mulyani Sebut Perempuan Lebih Besar Menanggung Beban Pandemi Covid-19 [Internet]. Indonesia: Kompas.com; 2021. Available from: https://bisnis.tempo.co/read/1420101/sri-mulyani-sebut-perempuan-lebih-besar-menanggung-beban-pandemi-covid-19/full&view=ok
. Notoatmodjo S. Promosi Kesehatan dan Perilaku Kesehatan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta; 2012. 1–238 p.
. Onoruoiza SI, Musa A, Umar BD, Kunle YS. Using Health Belief Model as an Intervention to Non Compliance with Hypertension Information among Hypertensive Patient. International Organization of Scientific Research. J Humanit Soc Sci. 2015;20(9):11–6.
. Attamimy HB. Aplikasi Health Belief Model Pada Perilaku Pencegahan Demam Berdarah Dengue. J Promkes [Internet]. 2017;5:11. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327697553_Aplikasi_Health_Belief_Model_Pada_Perilaku_Pencegahan_Demam_Berdarah_Dengue/link/5b9fb50445851574f7d248e1/download
. Sari RK. Identifikasi Penyebab Ketidakpatuhan Warga Terhadap Penerapan Protokol Kesehatan 3M Di Masa Pandemi Covid-19. J AKRAB JUARA. 2021;6(1):84–94.
. Rosenstock IM. Historical origins of the health belief model. Health Education Monographs. In: Health Education Monographs [Internet]. 1974. p. 328–35. Available from: Downloaded from heb.sagepub.com at Tel Aviv University on April 27, 2016
. Conner, M., & Norman P. Predicting Health Behaviour: reseaarch and practice with social congnition model. 2nd ed. Vol. 2, Predicting Health Behaviour. New York: Open University Press; 2006. 172–182 p.
. Sakinah ZV. Aplikasi Health Belief Model Dalam Menganalisis Perilaku Penggunaan Kacamata Pelindung. J PROMKES [Internet]. 2018;5(1):115. Available from: 10.20473/jpk.v5.i1.2017.115-128
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.