Political Changes in Albania 1989-1992
AbstractThe period of the fall of the communist regime and the emergence of political pluralism is one of the most important periods of recent national history. Although this is a short period, it is packed with many important events of a political, economic and cultural nature.For more than four decades, respectively since the Second World War in Albania has ruled the Albanian Labor Party. This regime is known as one of the wildest regimes in Europe and the world. Based on the Marxist-Leninist Doctrine this regime and its suite led by dictator Enver Hoxha had good diplomatic relations in the beginning with Tito's former Yugoslavia until 1948, with which he severed diplomatic relations by declaring that “Yugoslav revisionists were neither for peace nor for socialism. They were linked to the imperialists and helped to overthrow the communist regimes in the countries bordering Yugoslavia.” The Soviet Union until 1960, then seceded from the USSR and approached China that lasted until 1978, when it severed ties with China that led to the formula of self-isolation untill 1991. Afterwards Albania would be the most isolated country in the world and would fanatically defend Marxism-Leninism and Stalinism that had been denounced by Khrushchev and Soviet Union. The communist regime in Albania will lead a strange and incomprehensible foreign policy. After the severance of Albania's relations with the socialist bloc, the communist ruling clique did not see the way to wake up and reconsider the issue of Albania's foreign policy in order to be oriented toward the west which would open new perspectives in the development of the Albanian society. During the 80s the economic situation in Albania will become unbearable and after all the efforts made by the Albanian Labour Party to save the regime will not succeed and when the situation came to boiling point it erupted in December 1990. The situation was followed by much unrest until the pluralist political system emerged and the victory of the Democratic Party in March 1992 came to power.
Gazeta “Flaka e Vëllazërimit”, 5 shkurt 1989, H. Selimi, Nacionalizmi shqiptar edhe mëtej po e ngarkon gjendjen e sigurisë. f. 9.
Philips, John, Macedonia, warlords & rebels in the Balkans, Yale University Press & New Haven and London, 2004 , f.64.
Islami, Hivzi, Problemet Demografike të Kosovës dhe të trevave të tjera etnike shqiptare, në Çështja e Kosovës një problem historic dhe actual, Instituti I Historisë – Prishtinë dhe Instituti I Historisë – Tiranë, Tiranë, 1996, f.262
Population censuses in the Republic of Macedonia 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981 and 1994, Book IX, Republic of Macedonia State Statistical Office, Skopje, April, 2002 f. 317. Dhe Census of population, households and dwellings in the Republic of Macedonia, 2002. Book X, Republic of Macedonia State Statistical Office, f.62.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.