Demographic Change in North Macedonia as Political Issue
AbstractNorth Macedonia is a multiethnic country and represents a real mosaic of different cultures. This ethnic and cultural diversity will make this small country in the middle of Europe even more beautiful if no demographic battle takes place. Once part of the Yugoslav federation, the Macedonian population had the privilege of being called on behalf of the state, and other ethnic communities remained equal only in the communist documents of the regime, while in practice feeling deeply discriminated against. Now that the state is independent and sovereign, also the Constitution and other legal acts have incorporated the package of laws deriving from the Ohrid Framework Agreement, according to which Albanians are a constitutional category based on the percentage, respectively that over 20% in the state level, as these causes permanent tension in daily politics. As population censuses have been politicized and doubts about the ethnic structure of the state are growing, this study has considered recent demographic changes in the country in order to shed some light on this vague issue.
Census of population, households and dwellings in the Republic of Macedonia, 2019. Book X, Republic of Macedonia State Statistical Office, p.62.
Philips, John, Macedonia, warlords & rebels in the Balkans, Yale University Press & New Haven and London, 2004, p.64.
Islami, Hivzi, Demographic Problems of Kosovo and Other Ethnic Albanian Territories, in the Kosovo Issue a Historical and Current Problem, Institute of History - Prishtina and Institute of History - Tirana, Tirana, 1996, p.262
Population censuses in the Republic of Macedonia 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981 and 1994, Book IX, Republic of Macedonia State Statistical Office, Skopje, April, 2002 f. 317.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.