Factors Associated with Exclusive Breastfeeding in Hamadi Public Health Center, Jayapura City
AbstractBackground: The target of exclusive breastfeeding in Indonesia is 80%, but in reality, the agreed target has not been achieved. Papua Province data for 2014-2015 shows that the success of exclusive breastfeeding for babies aged 2 months is only 64%. This percentage decreases markedly in infants aged 2 to 3 months to 45% and in infants aged 4 to 5 months only reaches 14%. The success of exclusive breastfeeding of 15,983 babies aged 6 months, only 3,302 of them were breastfed, about 20.6% of them were exclusively breastfed. Objective: To analyze the factors associated with exclusive breastfeeding for infants in the working area of the Hamadi Public Health Center, Jayapura City. Methods: This type of research is quantitative analytic with a cross-sectional approach. This research was conducted in September 2020 - January 2021. The total population was 412 people and a sample of 100 people using a simple random sampling technique. The data was obtained using a questionnaire and analyzed using chi-square and binary logistic regression with a significant level of 5%. Results: Factors related to the exclusive breastfeeding are attitude (p-value = 0.009, RP = 3.563, 95% CI = 1.336-9.502) , family support (p-value = 0.005, RP = 3.467, 95% CI = 1.429-8.408) and health personnel support (p-value = 0.001, RP = 4.206, 95% CI = 1.764-10.025), while the factors that are not associated with exclusive breastfeeding, namely knowledge (p-value = 0.050, RP = 2.563, 95% CI = 0.986-6.662), age (p-value = 0.157), education (p-value = 0.186), and occupation (p-value = 0.571). The most dominant risk factor is attitude, where mothers with positive attitudes have a 2.864 times greater chance of giving exclusive breastfeeding compared to mothers who have negative attitudes.
. Febriyanti H. Faktor-faktor Yang Berhubungan dengan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif pada Tenaga Kesehatan Yang Memiliki Bayi di Wilayah Kabupaten Pringsewu Tahun 2017. Jurnal Kebidanan, Vol. 3 No. 1 Januari 2018, hal. 38-47. 2018.
. Sandewi, S. Hubungan Pemberian Asi Eksklusif Dengan Pertumbuhan Dan Perkembangan Pada Bayi Usia 7-12 Bulan Di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Poasia Tahun 2018. Kendari:Politeknik Kesehatan Kendar. 2018.
. WHO. Global Nutrition Targets 2025: Breastfeeding policy brief. Geneva. 2014.
. Martalia. Asuhan Kebidanan Nifas dan Menyusui. Yogyakarta : Pustaka Pelajar. 2012.
. Kemenkes RI. Riset Kesehatan Dasar Tahun 2015. Jakarta. 2015.
. Kemenkes RI. Riset Kesehatan Dasar Tahun 2013. Jakarta. 2013.
. Kemenkes RI. Survey Kesehatan Rumah Tangga Tahun 2012. Jakarta. 2012.
. Dinkes Provinsi Papua. Profil Kesehatan Provinsi Papua Tahun 2019. Jayapura. 2020.
. Dinkes Kota Jayapura. Profil Kesehatan Kota Jayapura Tahun 2019. Jayapura. 2020.
. Puskesmas Hamadi. Profil Kesehatan Puskesmas Hamadi Tahun 2019. Jayapura. 2020.
. Zakiyah. Faktor-Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif Di Kelurahan Semanan Kecamatan Kalideres Jakarta Barat Tahun 2012. Skripsi. Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat. Universitas Indonesia. 2012.
. Setijaningsih, T., & Matiningsih, W. Pengaruh Program Parenting terhadap Pengetahuan dan Sikap Orang Tua dalam Pemenuhan Kebutuhan dasar Anak Usia Dini. Jurnal Ners dan Kebidanan (Journal of Ners and Midwifery), 1(2), 129-134. 2014.
. Hakim, R. Faktor-Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif Pada Bayi 0-6 Bulan Di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Nabire Kota Kabupaten Nabire Tahun 2012. Skripsi. Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat. Universitas Indonesia. 2012.
. Atabik, A. Faktor Ibu Yang Berhubungan Dengan Praktik Pemberian ASI Eksklusif di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Pamotan. Skripsi. Jurusan Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat. Fakultas Ilmu Keolahragaan. Universitas Negeri Semarang. 2013.
. Septiani H, Budi A, Karbito. Faktor-Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif oleh Ibu Menyusui yang Bekerja Sebagai Tenaga Kesehatan. Jurnal Aisyah: Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan. Vol.2(2), pp 159-174. 2017.
. Siregar, T.H.W. Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif Di Desa Ujung Batu Iii Kecamatan Hutaraja Tinggi Kabupaten Padang Lawas Provinsi Sumatera Utara Tahun 2019. Program Studi D4 Kebidanan Fakultas Farmasi Dan Kesehatan Institut Kesehatan Helvetia Medan. 2020.
. Purwanti, H.S. Konsep Penerapan ASI Eksklusif Buku Saku Bidan. Jakarta: EGC. 2004.
. Wawan & Dewi. Pengetahuan, Sikap dan Perilaku Manusia. Yogyakarta : Mitra Nuha Medika. 2011.
. Evy H, Yuspina A. Faktor-Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Kegagalan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif di Kecamatan Nanga Kalis Kabupaten Kapuas Hulu Tahun 2018. Jumantik: Jurnal Mahasiswa dan Penelitian Kesehatan. 2018.
. Kusumaningsih, T.P.; Yani, A. Faktor-Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Kegagalan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif di Puskesmas Banyuasin Purworejo Kecamatan Loano Kabupaten Purworejo. Jurnal Komunikasi Kesehatan. Edisi-17. 2018.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.