Factors Related to the Work Stress of Nurses during the Covid-19 Pandemic in the Inpatient Rooms of Tk.II Marthen Indey Hospital
AbstractBackground: COVID-19 cases are increasing and nurses are at the forefront of handling COVID-19 patients, so they are at risk of contracting COVID-19. Data at Tk.II Marthen Indey Hospital, there were 12 nurses who tested positive for COVID-19. Lack of personal protective equipment affects nurses in carrying out their duties and work, this condition causes nurses to have pressure on their work which affects their physical, mental, and social conditions. Objective: The purpose of this study was to determine the factors associated with the work stress of nurses during the COVID-19 pandemic in the inpatient room of Tk.II Marthen Indey Hospital.. Methods: This type of research is quantitative analytic with a cross-sectional study design. This research was conducted at Tk.II Marthen Indey Hospital in an inpatient room which began in December 2020-January 2021. The population in this study were all nurses in the inpatient room of Tk.II Marthen Indey Hospital, with a sample using a total population of 85 people. Collecting data using online questionnaires, and processing and analyzing data for bivariate analysis using the Chi-square test, while determining the dominant factor using multivariate analysis using logistic regression test with p-value = 0.05 with 95% CI. Results: The results showed that there was a relationship between workload (p-value = 0.000) and job satisfaction (p-value = 0.020) with work stress. Conversely, there is no relationship between gender (p-value = 0.501), age (p-value = 1,000), and education (p-value = 0.136) with job stress. The most dominant factor is workload (p-value 0,000 < 0.01).
. Mutawalli, L., Setiawan, S., & Saimi, S. Terapi Relaksasi Otot Progresif Sebagai Alternatif Mengatasi Stress Dimasa Pandemi Covid-19 Di Kabupaten Lombok Tengah. JISIP (Jurnal Ilmu Sosial Dan Pendidikan), 4(3), 41–44. 2020.
. Presiden RI. Undang-Undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 34 Tahun 2004 tentang Tentara Nasional Indonesia. Jakarta. 2004.
. Soep. Stres Kerja Perawat Berdasarkan Karakteristik Organisasi Di Rumah Sakit. Jurusan Keperawatan Poltekes Kemenkes. Medan. 2012.
. Arisjulyanto, D. Primary Health Care : Open Access The Effect of Progressive Muscle Relaxation Techniques to Decrease Blood Pressure for Patients with Hypertension in Mataram. Primary Health Care, 8(4), 10–13. 2018.
. Nursalam. Metodelogi Penelitian Ilmu Keperawatan. Jakarta: Salemba Medika. 2014.
. Fitri, AM. Analisis Faktor-faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Kejadian Stress Pada Karyawan Bank (Studi pada Karyawan Bank BMT). Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat. Vol 2(1). 2013.
. Sari IC, Rukayah S, Barsasella D. Hubungan Beban Kerja Dengan Stres Kerja Perawat di Rumah Sakit Bhakti Kartini Bekasi. Jurnal Persada Husada Indonesia Vol 4 No 15 Oktober 2017.
. Ibrahim, H., Amansyah, M., & Yahya, G. N. Faktor - Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Stres Kerja Pada Pekerja Factory 2 PT. Maruki Internasional Indonesia Makassar Tahun 2016. AL-SIHAH, 8, 60–68. 2016.
. Potter, Perry. Fundamental Of Nursing: Consep, Proses and Practice. Edisi 7. Vol. 3. Jakarta : EGC. 2010.
. Sukmono, T. Hubungan Antara Karakteristik Individu dengan Tingkat Stres Kerja Perawat Indonesia yang Bekerja di Qatar. [Skripsi]. Universitas Muhammadiyah Semarang. 2012.
. Pramadi A, dan Lasmono H. Koping Stres pada Etnis Bali, Jawa, dan Sunda. Indonesian Psychology Journal. Vol 18, No. 4. pp. 326-340. 2003.
. Aini, F., & Purwaningsih, P. Hubungan Antara Beban Kerja Dengan Stres Kerja Perawat Di Instalasi Gawat Darurat RSUD Kabupaten Semarang. Jurnal Managemen Keperawatan, 1(1), 48–56. 2013.
. Fahamsyah D. Analisis Hubungan Beban Kerja Mental Dengan Stress Kerja. The Indonesian Journal of Occupational Safety and Health, Vol. 6 (1), pp. 107–115. 2017.
. Anoraga, P. Psikologi Kerja. Jakarta: PT.Rineka Cipta. 2009.
. Emilda, S. Analisis Pengaruh Beban Kerja Mental Terhadap Stres Kerja Perawat Instalasi Gawat Darurat (Studi di Rumah Sakit Umum Haji Surabaya). Skripsi. Surabaya: Universitas Airlangga. 2014.
. Dimkatni, N. W. Apakah Beban Kerja, Stres Kerja dan Kualitas Tidur Mempengaruhi Kelelahan Kerja pada Perawat di Rumah Sakit?. Sam Ratulangi Journal of Public Health, Vol.1(1). 2020.
. [Safitri LN, Astutik M. Pengaruh Beban Kerja Terhadap Kepuasan Kerja Perawat Dengan Mediasi Stress Kerja. Jurnal Riset Manajemen Dan Bisnis Dewantara. Vol 2 No 1, pp. 13-26. 2019.
. Chuzaeni, F. Pengaruh Beban Kerja Terhadap Kepuasan Kerja Melalui Stress Kerja Pada Perawat Rumah Sakit Lavalette Malang. Jurnal Manajemen Universitas Negeri Malang. 2017.
. Wijaya, A. Pengaruh Beban Kerja Terhadap Kepuasan Kerja Dengan Stress Kerja Sebagai Variabel Mediasi Pada Pekerja di Hotel Maxone Kota Malang. Jurnal Parsimonia Universitas Ma Chung Malang. Vol 4, No. 3. 2018.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.