Analysis of Key Factors Affecting the Value of Public Companies on Sharia Financial Institution : Sharia Accounting Perspective
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to determine the effect of board effectiveness, level of public share ownership, managerial share ownership, disclosure of social responsibility information, profitability of sharia business units; leverage on the value of public companies in the perspective of Islamic accounting. The population in this study is the banking and non-banking sectors that already have sharia business units that go public on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. The sample is determined by purposive sampling technique in order to obtain a representative sample in accordance with the specified criteria. The samples in this study were 16 banks and 2 insurance companies that have sharia business units. This test is carried out using path analysis and considering classical assumptions, namely: normality, autocorrelation, multicollinearity,and heteroscedasticity. This type of research is associative causality research, which aims to analyze the relationship between one variable and another or how a variable affects other variables with quantitative methodology and the use of multiple regression statistical models to answer two main research questions. The results of the study found that all independent variables either partially or simultaneously had a positive and significant effect on the value of public companies in the perspective of Islamic accounting.
. Al Qur’an dan terjemahannya. Departemen Agama, Republik Indonesia, cetakan ke 3 .2000
. Sylvia, Husnul Khotimah; Annisa, Rizki ; Zahra, Nurafifah. (2018) IMPLEMENTASI ETIKA BISNIS ISLAM DALAM PERBANKAN SYARIAH. Jurnal Ekonomi, Bisnis dan Perbankan Syariah .uia.e-journal.id. Available: file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/700-Article%20Text-728-1-10-20200203%20(6).pdf [Dec. 1,2020].
. Tuyon, J., & Ahmad, Z. (2016, March.). Behavioural finance perspectives on Malaysian stock marketefficiency. Borsa Istanbul Review, 16(1), 43–61. https://ideas.repec.org/a/bor/bistre/ v16y2016i1 pp.43-61.html [Dec. 1,2020].
. Chittedi, Krishna Reddy.(2014, Jan.). Global Financial Crisis and Contagion: Evidence for the 'BRIC' Economies.The Journal of Developing Areas 48(4): pp.243-264. https://www.researchgate.net /publication/265723100_Global_Financial_Crisis_and_Contagion_Evidence_for_the_'BRIC'_Economies [Dec. 1,2020].
. Fama, Eugene F. (1970, May). Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work Author(s): Source: The Journal of Finance, Vol. 25, No. 2, Papers and Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth Annual Meeting of the American Finance Association New York, N.Y. December, 28-30, 1969 (May, 1970), pp. 383-417. Published by: Blackwell Publishing for the American Finance Association. (On-Line). http://www.jstor.org/stable/2325486 Accessed: 30/03/2010
. LeRoy, Stephen F. (1989, Dec.). Efficient Capital Markets and Martingales. Journal of Economic Literature, Vol. 27, No. 4., pp. 1583-1621
. Alam,Shafiqul; Miah, Md. Rubel; and Karim, Md. Abdul. (2016, Feb.). Analysis on Factors that Affect Stock Prices: A Study on Listed Cement Companies at Dhaka Stock Exchange. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting www.iiste.org ISSN 2222-1697 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2847 (Online) Vol.7, No.18, 2016 pp 93 -113
. Fatah, Lalu Abdul. (2014). Analisis Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Pengungkapan Informasi Tanggungjawab Sosial Perusahaan (CSR-Disclosure) Pada Laporan Tahunan Industri Perbankan Syariah Dalam Perspektif Akuntansi Islam”, Disertasi tak terpublikasi, Program Doktor Ilmu Ekonomi, Universitas Trisakti, Jakarta.
. Crowther, D. Corporate Social Responsibility. Guler Aras & Ventus Publishing ApS. 2008
. Jensen, M. C., & Meckling, W. H. (1976, Oct.). Theory of The Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs and Ownership Structure. Journal of Financial Economics, 3, pp.305-360. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0304405X7690026X
. Eisenhardt, K. M. (.1989, Jan.). Agency Theory: An Assessment and Review. The Academy of Management ReviewVol. 14, No. 1, pp. 57-74 Published by: Academy of Management https://www.jstor.org/stable/258191?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents
. L’Huillier,B.M. (2014, Jan.). What does “corporate governance” actually mean? Corporate governance, 14(3), pp.300-319. doi: 10.1108/CG-10-2012-0073. https://www.scribd.com/document/ 251868067/ What-Does-Corporate-Governance-Actually-Mean
. Kuasirikun, N., & Sherer, M. (2004, Sept.). Corporate Social Accounting Disclosure in Thailand. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, 17(14), 629-660. Available: https://eprints.soton.ac.uk/35925/
. Bedford, N. M. (1973). Extensions in Accounting Disclosure N.J: Prentice-Hall.
. Abu-Tapanjeh, A. M. (2007, Dec.). Corporate governance from the Islamic perspective: A comparative analysis with OECD principles. . Critical Perspectives on. Accounting, 20 (5) , 105-177. https://ideas.repec.org/a/eee/crpeac/v20y2009i5p556-567.html
. Syakhroza, Akhmad, (2003, August), “Teori Corporate Governance”, Usahawan, No.08. Tahun XXXII,
. Priambodo, R. Ervin A; Eko Supriyatno, (2007), Penerapan Good Corporate Governance Sebagai Landasan Kinerja Perbankan Nasional, Usahawan, No.05. Tahun XXXVI.
. Rosmasita, Hardhina. “Faktor-faktor Yang Mempengari Pengungkapan Sosial (Social Disclosure) Dalam Laporan Keuangan Tahunan Perusahaan Manufaktur di BEJ”.Skripsi. Universitas Islam Indonesia, Yogyakarta.. 2007
. Ghozali, I dan A. Chariri.. Teori Akuntansi. Semarang : Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro. 2007
. Dechow, Patricia M., R.G. Sloan hal A.P. Sweeney. (1996). Causes And Consequences Of Earnings Manipulaton: An Analysis Of Firms Subject To Enforcement Actions By The SEC. Contemporary Accounting Research 13, pp.1-36. Available: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1911-3846.1996.tb00489.x
. Freeman, R.Edward .(2004).The Stakeholder Approach Revisited. Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Unternehmensethik 5(3). pp.228-254.Available : https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/691c/2ee1a23154e7fd 0b27de068bf961a0d9261f.pdf
. Kang dan Asghar, (2000, Sept.) “Board Leadership Structure and Firm Performance,” [On- line]. Blackwell Publishing”, http://email@example.com,
. Deegan, C. (2002). “Introduction the Legitimising Efect of Social and Environmental Disclosure – a Theoritical Foundation”. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal. Vol. 15 No. 3 pp. 282-311
. Deegan, C. (2004). “Financial Accounting Theory”. McGraw-Hill Book Company, Sydney
. Pradhono dan Yulius Jogi Crhristiawan. (2004, Nov.). Pengaruh Economic Value Added, Residual Income, Earnings dan Arus Kas Operasi Terhadap Return yang Diterima Oleh Pemegang Saham (Studi pada Perusahaan Manufaktur yang Terdaftar di Bursa Efek Jakarta). Jurnal Akuntansi dan Keuangan. Vol 6 No: 140-166.
. Durnev, A. dan E. H. Kim. (2003). To steal or Not to Steal: Firm Attributes, Legal Environment, and Valuation. Working Paper.
. Mayangsari, S. (2003). Analisis Pengaruh Independensi, Kualitas Audit, serta Mekanisme Corporate Governance terhadap Inegritas Laporan Keuangan. Makalah SNA VI, pp. 1255-1273
. Arifin. (2005). Peran Akuntan dalam Menegakkan Prinsip Good Corporate Governance pada Perusahaan di Indonesia (Tinjauan Perspektif Teori Keagenan). Pidato Pengukuhan Guru Besar. Semarang: Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Diponegoro.
. Anggraini, Retno. (2006. "Pengungkapan Informasi Sosial Dan Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Pengungkapan Informasi Sosial Dalam Laporan Keuangan Tahunan (Studi Empiris pada Perusahaan-Perusahaan yang Terdaftar Bursa Efek Jakarta). Simposium Nasional Akuntansi 9. Padang
. Roberts, R.W. (1992), “Determinants of Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure: An Application of Stakeholder Theory”, Accounting, Organization and Society, Vol. 17 No. 6 pp.595-612.
. AAOIFI (2010), “Accounting, Auditing and Governance Standards for Islamic Financial Institutions”.
. Choudhury, Masudul Alam. The Universal Paradigm and The Islamic World-System: Economy, Society, Ethics and Science. Singapore: World Scientific Publishing. 2008
. Moeljono, Djokosantoso. Good Corporate Culture Sebagai Inti Good Corporate Governance. Jakarta: Elex Media Computindo. 2005.
. Surat Kep-10/M.EKUIN/08/1999 membentuk suatu lembaga yaitu Komite Nasional Kebijakan Governance (KNKG).
. Sudharmono, Johny. Be G2C-Good Governed Company Jakarta :Elex Media Computindo. 2004
. Boediono.. Pedoman Umum Good Corporate Governance Indonesia, Komite Nasional Kebijakan Governance. 2006
. Husnan, Suad, (2001,Feb.) “Corporate Governance dan Keputusan Pendanaan: Perbandingan Kinerja Perusahaan dengan Pemegang Saham Pengendali Perusahaan Multinasional dan Bukan Multi Nasional”, Jurnal Riset Akuntansi. Manajemen Ekonomi, Vol. 1 No.1,
. Harahap, S. S. “Disclosure of Islamic values through Annual Report, a case study at the Bank Muamalat Indonesia”, presented in International Conference "Islam and Information System", IIU Kuala Lumpur. 2001.
. Lode,Nor Asma; and Md. No, Ibrahim. (2019). CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DISCLOSURES AND FAMILY FIRMS’ PERFORMANCE: THE MODERATING ROLE OF CEO CHOICE . Journal of Critical Reviews ISSN- 2394-5125 Vol 7, Issue 3 pp.578-585
. Sugiyono. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitatif, kualitatif,dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta. 2010.
. Ghozali, I. Statistik Non-Parametrik; Teori & Aplikasi dengan Program SPSS. BP. Undip. Semarang. 2005.
. Ghozali, I.. Analisis multivariate dengan Program SPSS. Semarang : Badan Penerbit Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Diponegoro. 2007
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.