The Influence of Kersen Leaf (Muntingia calabura)and BetelLeaf (Piper betle Linn)Extract on the Density level of HouseFly (Musca domestica)
AbstractKersen and Betelleaf has been partially known to be effective in controlling housefly (Musca domestica) which was known as one of the disease vectors which causes a widespread health issue. This study aims to understand the influence of the combination of Kersen leaf and Betel leaf extract to the density level of housefly. This is an experimental study using the Kersen and betel leaf extract of different concentration which were 0%-0%; 0%-10%; 10%-0% and 10%-10% and was sprayed to the surface of a fresh prawn and then the effect to the number of the housefly that was perching on the bait was analyzed. Data was analyzed using the Anova test (a=0.05) and if different was continued in advanced using the Turkey HSD test. The result of this study showed that the combination of the Kersen leaf and betel leaf extract with 10%-10% concentration was effective to decrease the number of housefly that perch on the surface of the bait by 48%. The conclusion of this study was that the extract of the kersen leaf combined with the betel leaf extract was effective in controlling housefly.
. Kartikasari, “Dampak Vektor Lalat Terhadap Kesehatan,” Radiasi, 2008.
. Utomo, “Pengaruh Jumlah Air yang Di Tambahkan pada Kemasan Serbuk Bunga Sukun (Artocarpus communis) sebagai Peng- ganti Isi Ulang (Refill) Obat Nyamuk Elektrik Terhadap Lama Waktu Efektif Daya Bunuh Nyamuk Anopheles aconitus lapangan,” Jurnal. Fak. Kesehat. Masy. Uni- versitas Muhammadiyah Semarang, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 192–200, 2010.
. Z. M. S. J. S. Abdullah, “The antinociceptiveaction of aqueous extract from Muntingia calabura leaves: the role of opioid receptors,” Med. Princ. Pract., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 139–143, 2007, doi: 10.15408/kauniyah.v9i2.3924.
. D. Noorhamdani., Herman., “Uji ekstrak daun kersen (Muntingia calabura L.) sebagai antibakteri terhadap Staphylococcus aureus secara in vitro,” Fak. Kedokt. Universi- tas Brawijaya. Malang, Indones., 2010.
. S. Amilah and D. K. Binawati, “Effect of Cherry Leaf (Muntingia calabura L.) Bioinsecticides Extract Towards Mortality of Worm Soil (Agrotis ipsilon) and Armyworm (Spodoptera exiqua) on Plant Leek (Allium fistolum),” J. Wahana, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 51–57, 2013.
. G. Neto Bandeira, C. Augusto Gomes da Camara, M. Martins de Moraes, R. Barros, S. Muhammad, and Y. Akhtar, “Insecticidal activity of Muntingia calabura extracts against larvae and pupae of diamondback, Plutella xylostella (Lepidoptera, Plutellidae),” J. King Saud Univ. - Sci., vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 83–89, 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.jksus.2012.08.002.
. D. A. Putri, “PENGARUH PEMBERIAN EKTRAK DAUN KERSEN (Muntingia calabura) TERHADAP LALAT BUAH Bactrocera carambolae;THE INFLUENCE TO GIVING LEAF EXTRACT KERSEN (Muntingia calabura) AGAINST FRUIT FLIES Bactrocera carambolae,” Al-Kauniyah J. Biol., vol. 9, no. 2, 2016, doi: 10.15408/kauniyah.v9i2.3924.
. Anisah and T. Sukesi, “Uji Efektifitas Ekstrak Daun Sirih ( Piper betle L ) S ebagai Larvasida Larva Lalat Rumah ( Musca domestica ) Effectiveness of Sirih Leaf Extract ( Piper b etle L ) as A House Fly Larvae ( Musca Domestica ) Larvicidal,” J. Vektor Penyakit, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 39–46, 2018.
. W. Iqbal, M. M. Faheem, S. M. Kaleem, A. Iqra, N. Iram, and A. Rashda, “Role of housefly (Musca domestica, Diptera; Muscidae) as a disease vector; a review,” J. Entomol. Zool. Stud., vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 159–163, 2014.
. C. J. Geden and G. J. Devine, “Pyriproxyfen and house flies (Diptera: Muscidae): Effects of direct exposure and autodissemination to larval habitats,” J. Med. Entomol., vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 606–613, 2012, doi: 10.1603/ME11226.
. V. F. Alam, “Kemampuan Bubuk daun Sirsak (Annona muricata Linn) dalam Membunuh Lalat Rumah (Musca domestica),” Skripsi, p. 1, 2016.
. S. Wardhana, A. H., Muharsini, S., Arambewela, S. S. L., & Kumarasinghe, “Alam, V. F. 2016. Kemampuan Bubuk Daun Sirsak (Annona muricata Linn) dalam Membunuh Lalat Rumah (Musca domestica). Universitas Negeri Semarang, Semarang. Aliah, N., Susilawaty, A., & Ibrahim, I. A. 2016. Uji efektivitas ekstrak daun cengkeh (Syzigium arom,” JITV, no. 1, pp. 193–203, 2014.
. Z. E. Putri, “Uji Efektivitas Ekstrak Daun Pandan Wangi (Pandanus amaryllifolius Roxb) sebagai Insektisida terhadap Lalat Rumah (Musca domestica),” 2019, [Online]. Available: http://repositori.uin-alauddin.ac.id/16112/.
. D. I. H, D. J. Gunandini, and A. Kardinan, “Pengaruh ekstrak kemangi (Ocimum basilicum forma citratum) terhadap perkembangan lalat rumah (Musca domestica) (L.),” J. Entomol. Indones., vol. 5, no. 1, p. 36, 2017, doi: 10.5994/jei.5.1.36.
. A. G. Mentari, “Kemampuan Variasi Konsentrasi Mat Daun Sirih (Piper betle L.) Sebagai Anti Nyamuk Elektrik Terhadap Kematian Nyamuk Aedes sp.,” Skripsi, vol. Poltekes K, p. Yogyakarta, 2019.
. Lastri, PENGARUH PEMBERIAN PERASAN DAUN SIRIH ( Piper betle L .) UNTUK PENGENDALIAN HAMA RAYAP TANAH ( Coptotermes curvignathus H .) DAN SUMBANGSIHNYA PADA MATERI HAMA DAN PENYAKIT PADA TANAMAN KELAS VIIISMP / MTs UNIVERSITAS ISLAM NEGERI RADEN FATAH. 2017.
. F. Fahdi, “Uji Aktivitas Antibakteri Ekstrak Daun Kersen (Muntingia calabura L.) terhadap Pertumbuhan Bakteri Staphylococcus aureus & Escherichia coli,” Public Heal. Community STIKes DELIHUSADA Delitua, no. ISSN 2301-7465, 2018.
. M. Sulistyaningrum, “Uji Aktivitas Antibakteri Ekstrak Etanol Daun Kersen ( Muntingia calabura L .) Terhadap Bakteri Klebsiella pneumoniae,” 2014.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.