A Comparative Study of AHP and Fuzzy AHP Method for Inconsistent Data
AbstractIn various cases of decision analysis we use two popular methods – Analytical Hierarchical Process (AHP) and Fuzzy based AHP or Fuzzy AHP. Both the methods deal with stochastic data and can determine decision result through Multi Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) process. Obviously resulting values of the two methods are not same though same set of data is fed into them. In this research work, we have tried to observe similarities and dissimilarities between two methods’ outputs. Almost same trend or fluctuations in outputs have been seen for both methods’ for same set of input data which are not consistent. Both method outputs’ ups and down fluctuations are same for fifty percent cases.
. Mahsa Razavi Davoudi, Kourosh Sheykhvand (February 2012), “An Approach towards Enterprise Architecture Analysis using AHP and Fuzzy AHP”, International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing, Vol. 2, No. 1
. Aşkın ÖZDAĞOĞL, Güzin ÖZDAĞOĞLU(2007), “Comparison Of The AHP and fuzzy AHP For The MultiCriteria Decision Making Processes With Linguistic Evaluations”, Istanbul Commerce University Journal of Science Year: 6 Issue: 11, 1 p. 65-85
. Golam Kabir, Dr. M. Ahsan Akhtar Hasin (October 2011), “Comparative Analysis Of AHP And Fuzzy AFP Models For Multicriteria Inventory Classification”, International Journal of Fuzzy Logic Systems (IJFLS) Vol.1, No.1
. Ozalp Vayvay, Yigit Ozcan and Maria Manuela Cruz-Cunha (March 2012), “ERP consultant selection problem using AHP, fuzzy AHP and ANP: A case study in Turkey”, E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics Vol. 3(3). pp. 106-117
. Yogesh Mishra, Dr. Girish Thakar, “Comparison of Classical Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process and Extended Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process for Vendor Selection in Automobile Supply Chain”, present at the National Conference on Emerging Challenges for Sustainable Business 2012
. George J. Klir, Bo Yuan (2003), Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic: Theory and Applications, Prentice-Hall of India Privat Limited
. Hamdy A. Taha (2008), Operations Research: An Introduction, 8th Edition, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited
. S. Rajasekaran, G. A. V. Pai (2007), Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic and Genetic Algorithm: Synthesis and Application, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.