Metamaterial Antenna Array for RADAR Application and its Scan Blindness
AbstractThis paper presents metamaterial-inspired solution to mitigate scan blindness in phased arrays at RADAR frequency taking advantage of less mutual coupling and compactness of metamaterial arrays. This is done by redesigning a metamaterial antenna at RADAR frequency, feeding it with shielded coaxial probe to reduce side lobe level thus making it practical for planar arrays implementation. Input reflection coefficients and mutual coupling is presented varying phase difference among antenna feeds. Results from HFSS confirmed that there is no scan blindness in these newly designed phased metamaterial arrays.
. Rodríguez-Ulibarri, P., Crépin, T., Martel, C., et al.:’ Experimental demonstration of metamaterials application for mitigating scan blindness in phased array antennas’ , EPJ Appl. Metamat.,2016,VOL.3, pp 1-9
. Lijun Zhang, Jesus A. Castaneda, and Nicolaos G. Alexopoulos: ’Scan blindness free phased array design using PBG materials ’,IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation,2004, VOL. 52, pp 2000-2007
. D. M. Pozar: ’Scanning characteristics of infinite arrays of printed antenna subarrays’, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation,1992, vol. 40, pp 666–674
. Y. Dong, T. Itoh: ’Miniaturized substrate integrated waveguide slot antennas based on negative order resonance’,IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation,2010, vol. 58, pp 3856-3864
. Lopez, Norberto and Lee, Cheng-Jung and Gummalla, Ajay and Achour, Maha. : ’Compact metamaterial antenna
array for long term evolution (LTE) handset application’,1 - 4.10.1109/IWAT.2009.4906933
. Zeeshan Qamar, Umair Naeem, Shahid Khan, Mitchai Chongcheawchamnan, and Muhammad Shafique: ’Mutual Coupling Reduction for High-Performance Densely Packed Patch Antenna Arrays on Finite Substrate’, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 2016
. Stefan Enoch, G´erard Tayeb, Pierre Sabouroux, Nicolas Gu´erin, and Patrick Vincent.: ’A Metamaterial for Directive Emission’, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2009
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.