The Developing of Teaching Materials Oriented to Problem-Based Learning to Improve Students’ Mathematical Communication Ability
AbstractThis research was aimed to know the validity, practicality, and effectiveness of teaching material oriented to problem-based learning in improving students’ mathematical communication ability. The matery which did not relate the problem on real life context and lacked of students’ mathematical communication ability are the reasons why this reaserch was done. This is a development research. This research used 4-D Thiagarajan, Semmel and Semmel development research by developing teaching materials oriented to problem-based learning approches. Teaching materials developed were teachers book and students’ book. The trial was done to 32 students on VII-4 and VII-5 classes in SMP Negeri 1 Pangkalan Susu. From First and second trial obtained: (1) According to experts, the teaching materials were valid, teaching materials’ practicality was practical in terms of: a) Validator said that teaching materials can be used with a little revission; b) Observation result on teaching materials usage was also good, and teaching materials was also effective in terms of: a) students’ learning completeness classically; b) Students’ activeness on tolerance llimit decided; c) students’ response on teaching material components and positive learning activity. (2) Increasing students’ mathematical communication ability on the first trial post-test, from 64.84 became 75.50 on the second trial.
. Ariani,D.N. 2017.Strategi Peningkatan Kemampuan Komunikasi Matematis Siswa SD/MI. Jurnal Madrasah Ibtidaiyah. 3(1):96-107
. Asikin, M & Junaedi, I. 2013. Kemampuan Komunikasi Matematika Siswa SMP dalam Setting Pembelajaran RME (RealisticMathematisc Education). UJMER. 2(1): 2014-213
. Elfrida. 2013. Upaya Meningkatkan Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah dan Komunikasi Matematik Siswa Sekolah Menengah Atas Melalui Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah. Tesis. Medan: UNIMED
. Fachrurazi. 2011. Penerapan Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Berpikir Kritis dan Komunikasi Matematis Siswa Sekolah Dasar. Jurnal Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Edisi Khusus No. 1, Agustus 2011. Hal 76-89.
. Fatmasuci, W, F. 2017. Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah Berorientasi pada Kemampuan Komunikasi dan Prestasi Belajar Matematika Siswa SMP. Sleman. Jurnal Riset Pendidikan Matematika 4 (1), 2017, 32-42.
. Guntur, M., Arif, M., Widodo, W. 2017. Pengaruh penggunaan Bahan Ajar Matematika Bersuplemen Komik Terhadap Kemandirian Belajar Siswa. Eduma.6(1):43-51.
. Handayani, A., Mukhni., Nilawasti, ZA. 2014. Analisis Kemampuan Komunikasi Matematis Siswa Melalui Pendekatan Pendidikan Matematika Realistik (PMR) bagi Siswa Kelas VII MTsN Lubuk Buaya Padang TP. 2013/2014. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika. 3(2):1-6.
. Hasibuan, S.I & Amry,Z.2017. Differences off student mathematical communication ability between problems based learning, realistic mathematical education and inquiri learning SMP Negeri 1 Labuhan Deli. IOSR JRME, 7(6):2320-1388
. Kadir & Parman, M.S. 2013. Mathematical Communication Skills of Junior Secondary School Students In Coastal Area. Jurnal Teknologi. 63(2):77-83.
. Majid, A. 2012. Perencanaan Pembelajaran: Mengembangkan Standar Kompetensi Guru. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.
. Maryati,I. 2018. Penerapan Model Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah Pada Materi Pola Bilangan Di Kelas Vii Sekolah Menengah Pertama. Jurnal Mosharafa.7 (1):63-74 Prasetyo, 2011:2
. Nurhidayati, S, dkk. 2017. Pengembangan Bahan Ajar Matematika Berbasis Masalah Untuk Memfasilitasi Pencapaian Kemampuan Penalaran Pada Pokok Bahasan Perbandingan Kelas Vii Mtsn Model Makassar. MaPan : Jurnal Matematika dan Pembelajaran 5 (2): 236-250
. Rochmad. 2012. Desain Model Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran. Jurnal Kreano. 3 (1)
. Rusman.2014. Penerapan Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah. Edutech.1(2):211-230
. Saragih, S. & Habeahan, W.L. 2014. The Improving of Problem Solving Ability and Students’ Creativity Mathematical by Using Problem Based Learning in SMP Negeri 2 Siantar. Journal of Education and Practice. 5(35): 123-132
. Saylan, A. 2013. Perbedaan Kemampuan Komunikasi dan Kreativitas Matematik antara Siswa yang Mendapatkan Pembelajaran penemuan Terbimbing Berbasis Masalah Open Ended dengan Siswa yang Mendapat Pembelajaran Ekspositori. Tesis. Medan: UNIMED.
. Saragih, S. & Rahmiyana. 2013. Peningkatan Kemampuan Komunikasi Matematis Siswa SMA/MA di Kecamatan Simpang Ulim Melalui Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe STAD. Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan. 19(2): 188-174.
. Simamora, R, (2014). Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran dan penilaian Otentik Melalui Penerapan Model PBM untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Komunikasi Matematis pada Poko Bahasan Persamaan dan Pertidaksamaan Linier Satu Variabel di Kelas VII SMP Negeri 1 Siantar. Tesis tidak diterbitkan. Medan: PPs UNIMED.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.