The Effect of Oxytocin Massage by Husband on Mother's Response to Breastfeeding in Gowa Regency, South Sulawesi
AbstractBackground: There are many mothers who cannot give breast milk exclusively to their babies. This is partly due to the feeling of insufficient milk production. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of oxytocin massage by husbands on mother's responses to breastfeeding in Gowa Regency, South Sulawesi Province. Methods: This study used One Group Pretest-Postest Design. The population was 31-trimester pregnant women in the working area of Public Health Center Bajeng and Pabbentengan, Gowa Regency. As many as 31 mothers and a sample of 29 mothers were obtained according to the criteria. 29 husband of pregnant women were given training in oxytocin massage for 2 days. Then the husband applied oxytocin massage on the mother in the first 6 hours of the first day of childbirth and continued on the second and third day of delivery. Data from observations and interviews were then tested using the Wilcoxon test. Results: The study showed that the average response of mothers in breastfeeding before oxytocin massage was 6,48, where the lowest score was 5 and the highest was 8. After oxytocin massage, the average response of mothers in breastfeeding before oxytocin massage was 7,76 where the lowest score is 7 and the highest is 8. The Wilcoxon test results obtained p-value = 0.000, which means there is an effect of oxytocin massage by husband on the response of mother in breastfeeding on days two and three, in Gowa Regency, South Sulawesi Province. Conclusion: This study recommends public health center health workers and cadres to educate and encourage husbands of pregnant women to do oxytocin massage.
. WHO. (2018). Infant and Young Child Feeding. Fact Sheets of WHO.
. Kemenkes RI. (2019). Profil Kesehatan Indonesia Tahun 2018. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI.
. Dinkes Prov. Sulsel. (2017). Profil Kesehatan Kesehatan Provinsi Sulawesi Selatan Tahun 2016. Makassar: Dinas Kesehatan Sulawesi Selatan.
. Dinkes Kab. Gowa. (2017). Profill Kesehatan Kabupaten Gowa Tahun 2016. Sungguminasa: Dinas Kesehatan Kab. Gowa.
. Damayanti, D. F. (2015). Tumbuh Kembang Bayi 0-6 Bulan Menurut Status ASI di Puskesmas Telaga Biru Pontianak. Jurnal Vokasi Kesehatan, Volume I Nomor 3, 75-79.
. Johan, I., & Azizah, N. (2016). The Effect of Oxytocin Massage on Breastmilk Production Postpartum Mothers in Peterongan PHC Area, Jombang, East Java, Indonesia. Global Nursing Challenges in The Free Trade Era 5. Issue 1, 1-9.
. Sari, L. P., Salimo, H., & Budihastuti, U. R. (2017). Optimizing the Combination of Oxytocin Massage and Hypnobreastfeeding for Breast Milk Production among Post-Partum Mothers. Journal of Maternal and Child Health, 1 (1), 20-29.
. Wulandari, F. T., Aminin, F., & Dewi, U. (2014). Pengaruh Pijat Oksitosin Terhadap Pengeluaran Kolostrum pada Ibu Post Partum di Rumah Sakit Umum Daerah Provinsi Kepulauan Riau. Jurnal Kesehatan, Volume V, Nomor 2, 173-178.
. Widyasih, H., Suherni, & Rahmawati, A. (2013). Perawatan Masa Nifas. Yogyakarta: Fitramaya.
. Sulaeman, E. S., Yunita, F. A., Hardiningsih, Yuneta, A. E., Khotijah, Ada, Y. R., et al. (2016). The Effect of Oxytocin Massageon Thepostpartum Mother on Breastmilk Production in Surakarta Indonesia. International Conference on Health and Well-Being, 279-288.
. Morhenn, V., Beavin, L. E., & Zak, P. J. (2012). Massage Increases Oxytocin and Reduces Adrenocorticotropin Hormone in Humans. Alternative Therapies, Vol. 18, No.6, 11-18.
. Husna, P. H. (2017). The Effect of Back Massage to Increase Breast Milk Production in Wonogiri. Jurnal Keperawatan GSH Vol 6 No 2, 40-44
. Fairus Prihatin Idris, dkk,2020, Mother BEhaviour in Breastfeeding in Gowa Regency South Sulawesi (Study on mothers with insufficient breastmilk production), dipresentasikan pada the 1st Internasional Conference on Safety and Public Health, 3-4 September 2020, Makassar
. Doko, T. M., Aristiati, K., & Hadisaputro, S. (2019). Pengaruh Pijat Oksitosin Oleh Suami Terhadap Peningkatan Produksi ASI Pada Ibu Nifas. Jurnal Keperawatan Silampari, Volume 2, Nomor 2, 66-86.
. Indriyani, D., & Asmuji. (2014). Buku Ajar Keperawatan Maternitas (Upaya Promotif dan Preventif dalam Menurunkan Angka Kematian Ibu dan Bayi). Yogyakarta: Ar-ruzz Media.
. Ummah, F. (2014). Pijat Oksitosin untuk Mempercepat Pengeluaran ASI pada Ibu Pasca Salin Normal di Dusun Sono Desa Ketanen Kecamatan Panceng Gresik. Jurnal Surya, Vol. 02, No. XVIII, 121-125.
. Pilaria, E., & Sopiatun, R. (2018). Pengaruh Pijat Oksitosin Terhadap Produksi ASI Pada Ibu Postpartum di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Pejeruk. Jurnal Kedokteran Yarsi, Volume 26, No. 1, 27-33.
. Asih, Y. (2017). Pengaruh Pijat Oksitosin Terhadap Produksi ASI pada Ibu Nifas. Jurnal Keperawatan, Volume XIII, No. 2, 209-214.
. Martini, D. E. (2015). Efektifitas Pijat Oksitosin Terhadap Peningkatan Produksi ASI pada Ibu Nifas di RSUD Dr.Soegiri Kabupaten Lamongan. Jurnal Surya, Vol. 07, No. 02, 20-25.
. Isnaini, N., & Diyanti, R. (2015). Hubungan Pijat Oksitosin pada Ibu Nifas Terhadap Pengluaran ASI di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Raja Basa Indah. Jurnal Kebidanan, Vol 1, No 2, 91-97.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.