Using Machine Learning Methods to Predict Order Lead Times
AbstractThe precise prediction of end-to-end Parts shipments delivery lead time (LT) considerably influences the efficiency and quality of manufacture planning and job scheduling in Oil and gas industry. Lead time transparency and predicting precise lead times allow Oil and gas industry to reduce operating expenses, enhance capital, upturn revenues, and improve their viable advantages. Clients will be able to better assign resources well and reduce the risk through conviction in their product and services allocation. The lead time prediction using machine learning algorithm can overall improve the job scheduling, improve service levels, gain efficiency, lead to reduce cost, and improves customer satisfaction. This paper describes the algorithm and techniques to execute the research using Machine Learning Methods to Predict Order Lead times. We are going to share the prediction accuracy results using different algorithm and share the sensitivity analysis results. The algorithm used to train the model consumed historical data from organization data using logistic application and various variables which are specific to the Supply chain in the Oil and gas industry.
. Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-industry_standard_process_for_data_mining
. Zhong, R., Johnson, R. L., & Chen, Z. (2020, June 1). “Using Machine Learning Methods To Identify Coal Pay Zones from Drilling and Logging-While-Drilling (LWD) Data”. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/198288-PA
. Lukas Lingitz,Viola Gallina,Fazel Ansari,Dávid Gyulai,András Pfeiffer,Wilfried Sihn,László Monostori.”Lead time prediction using machine learning algorithms: A case study by a semiconductor manufacturer”. Publication: Procedia CIRP-Publisher: Elsevier-Date: 2018
. Cheng, Y., Chen, K., H., S., Zhang, Y., Tao, F. Data and knowledge mining with big data towards smart production. Journal of Industrial Information Integration 2017;doi:10.1016/j.jii.2017.08.001.
. Alexei Botchkarev.” Performance Metrics (Error Measures) in Machine Learning Regression, Forecasting and Prognostics: Properties and Typology”. Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management .[v14] [Sep 2018]
. Jason Brownlee. Data Preparation for Machine Learning. https://machinelearningmastery.com/data-preparation-for-machine-learning/. [Online]. [Edition 1.2]. [Sep 21,2020]
. Mathworks. Mastering Machine Learning: A Step-by-Step Guide with MATLAB. https://www.mathworks.com/content/dam/mathworks/ebook/gated/machine-learning-workflow-ebook.pdf. [Online]. [Edition 1]. [Apr 05, 2020]
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.