2D Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Solitons Interaction in Dusty Plasma
AbstractMolecular Dynamics (MD) method is used to simulate a dusty plasma system as a one component plasma (OCP). The heavy dust particles are considered as discrete particles interacting with each other through the Yukawa potential. This assumption is justified by the screening effect due to the lighter plasma components (electrons and ions). Solitons excitation at different values of the Coulomb coupling parameter (Γ) is simulated. The formation of solitons in the system using electric field pulse in a narrow region is studied. Different scenarios of the interaction of solitons are studied for: A) Two solitons with the same amplitude and opposite directions. B) Two solitons with different amplitudes and opposite directions. C) Two solitons with different amplitudes and propagating in the same direction.
. Sanat Kumar Tiwari, Amita Das, Abhijit Sen, and Predhiman Kaw, Physics of Plasmas 22, 033706 (2015).
. P. G. Drazin, London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press, Oxford, pp. 1-62 (1983).
. H. Zhang, W. S. Duan, X. Qi, and L. Yang, Scientiﬁc Reports 6, 21214 (2016).
. N. N. Rao, “Dust-acoustic KdV solitons in weakly non-ideal dusty plasmas” Phys. Scr. 1998(T75), 179.
. D. Samsonov, A. V. Ivlev, R. A. Quinn, G. Morﬁll, and S. Zhdanov, “Dissipative longitudinal solitons in a two-dimensional strongly coupled complex (dusty) plasma” Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 095004 (2002).
. P. Bandyopadhyay, G. Prasad, A. Sen, and P. K. Kaw, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 065006 (2008).
. S. K. Sharma, A. Boruah, and H. Bailung, Phys. Rev. E 89, 013110 (2014).
. S. Plimpton, Journal of Computational Physics 117, 1 (1995).
. 2U. Konopka, G. E. Morﬁll, and L. Ratke, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 891 (2000).
. S. Nose, Molecular Physics 52, 255 (1984).
. W. G. Hoover, Phys. Rev. A 31, 1695 (1985).
. Sandeep Kumar, Sanat Kumar Tiwari, and Amita Das, Physics of Plasmas 24, 033711 (2017) .
. S. Jaiswal, P. Bandyopadhyay, and A. Sen, Physics of Plasmas 21, 053701 (2014)
. Jerry L. Bona, W. G. Pritchard, and L. Ridgway Scott, The Physics of Fluids 23, 438 (1980).
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.