The Determinant Factors Affecting the Event of Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) on Helpdesk Employees at PT. Telkom Access Papua in 2020
AbstractBackground: Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) occurs due to prolonged use of computers. Many individuals with CVS experience discomfort when using a computer for a long time. If workers are affected by CVS, it will affect the company because the productivity of workers decreases so that the company's income will also decrease. Research Objectives: To identify the determinant factors associated with the event of computer vision syndrome (CVS) on helpdesk employees at PT. Telkom Access Papua in 2020. Research method: The research method used in this study was observational analytic with a cross-sectional study approach. A sample of 50 employees was taken using total sampling. The study was conducted in March 2020. Statistical tests used in this study were univariate, bivariate, and multivariate analysis. Data obtained by using questionnaires and interviews. Results: Bivariate analysis showed several determinant factors affecting the event of computer vision syndrome (CVS) on helpdesk employees at PT. Telkom Access Papua, they are: using contact lenses (p = 0.037; RP = 1.779; 95% CI = 1.107-2.858), working hours (p = 0.049; RP = 1.917; 95% CI = 1.031-3.563), break eyes (p = 0.020; RP = 2.588; 95% CI = 1.069-6.267), and room lighting (p = 0.011; RP = 2.574; 95% CI = 1.168–5.676); while sex (p = 0.162; RP = 1.607; 95% CI = 0.982-2.631), age (p = 0.589; RP = 1.636; 95% CI = 0.511-5.237), using eye glasses (p = 0.186; RP = 0.642; 95% CI = 0.388-1.060), length of working (p = 0.087; RP = 1.976; 95% CI = 0.912-4.283), viewpoint (p = 0.087; RP = 1.976; 95% CI = 0.912-4.283), distance between eyes and monitor (p = 0.087; RP = 1.976; 95% CI = 0.912-4.283), and room temperature (p = 0.894; RP = 0.828; 95% CI = 0.378-1.814) were not affecting the event of computer vision syndrome (CVS). Multivariate logistic regression analysis showed two dominant determinant factors that affecting the event of computer vision syndrome (CVS); they are: break eyes and room lighting.
. American Optometric Association. “Computer Vision Syndrome.” Internet: http://www.aoa.org/ patientsandpublic/caringforyourvision/protectingyourvision/comp utervisionsyndrome?sso=y, Dec. 13, 2019.
. Akinbinu, T. R. & Mashalla, Y. J. “Impact of Computer Technology on Health: Computer Vision Syndrome.” Academic Journals, vol. 5(3), pp. 20-30, 2014.
. A, Husnun. (2018, Sept.). “Computer vision syndrome.” Jurnal Biomedika dan Kesehatan. [Online]. 1(2), pp. 117-118. Available: https://jbiomedkes.org/index.php/jbk/article/view/48/17 [Jul, 9, 2020].
. Riskesdas. “Hasil Riset Kesehatan Dasar.” Internet: https://www.depkes.go.id/resources/download/ general/Hasil%20Riskesdas%202013.pdf, Jan, 2, 2020.
. Dahlan, Sofiyuddin. Statistik untuk kedokteran dan kesehatan: deskriptif, bivariate, dan multivariate, dilengkapi dengan menggunakan SPSS. Edisi 6. Jakarta, Epidemiologi Indonesia, 2017.
. Paramita, S.P. “Hubungan antara jenis kelami, usia, masa kerja, dan pola kerja dengan keluhan Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) pada pekerja pengguna komputer PT Anugrah Pharmindo lestari.” Universitas Dian Nuswantoro. Semarang. 2014.
. Sherwood, L. Fisiologi Manusia: Dari Sel ke Sistem. Edisi.6. EGC. Jakarta. 2011.
. Reddy SC, Low CK, Lim YP, Low LL, Mardina F, Nursaleha MP. “Computer vision syndrome: a study of knowledge and practices in university students.” Nepal J Ophthalmol; 5(10):161-8. 2013
. Tauste, A., Ronda, E., Molina, M-J., Segui, M. “Effect of contact lens use on Computer Vision Syndrome.” [Online]. Available: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/opo.12275 [Jun, 5, 2020].
. Alisah, A., and Hutami, I.R. (2016, Apr). “Hubungan Faktor Individu dan Lingkungan Terhadap Keluhan Computer Vision Syndrom.” Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat. [Online]. 1(4), pp. 30-34. Available: https://docplayer.info/46350861-Hubungan-faktor-individu-dan-lingkungan-terhadap-keluhan-computer-vision-syndrom.html [Apr, 9, 2020].
. Anggraini, Y. Faktor yang berhubungan dengan terjadinya keluhan Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) pada operator computer PT. Bank Kalbar Kantor Pusat. Universitas Tanjungpura. Pontianak. 2013.
. Permana, M.I., Koesyanto, H., and Mardiana. “Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Keluhan Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) Pada Pekerja Rental Komputer di Wilayah Unnes.” Unnes Journal of Public Health. Vol. 3, pp. 48-57. 2015.
. Azkadina, A. Hubungan Antara Faktor Risiko Individual Dan Komputer Terhadap Kejadian Computer Vision Syndrome. Semarang: Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Dipenogoro. 2012.
. Logaraj, M., Madhupriya, V., dan Hegde, S. K. “Computer vision syndrome and associated factors among medical and engineering students in Chennai.” Annals of medical and health sciences research. 4 (2): 179-185. 2014.
. Nopriadi, Pratiwi, Y., Leonita, E., and Tresnanengsih, E. “Faktor yang berhubungan dengan kejadian computer vision syndrome pada karyawan bank.” Jurnal MKMI, vol. 15(2) pp. 111-119. 2019.
. Chiemeke, S. C, Akhahowa, A. E., dan Ajayi, O. B. Evaluation of Vision Related Problems amongst Computer Users: A Case Study of University of Benin, Nigeria. In World Congress on Engineering. 2007.
. Arianti, F.P. “Faktor-faktor yang Berpengaruh dengan Keluhan Kelelahan Mata pada Pekerja Pengguna Komputer di Call Center PT. AM.” Skripsi. 2016.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.