The Correlation of Obedience to SOP and Sleep Quality with Workplace Accidents in Slaughterhouse
AbstractThere were many workplace accidents that occurs in the slaughterhouse and this may cause a disadvantage in time, property and even causes death. Most of these workplace accidents occurred due to human errors. The obedience of the workers to the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) while working and the sleep quality of the workers is commonly correlated with workplace accidents. This study aims to understand the correlation of obedience to SOP and sleep quality with workplace accidents in Oeba slaughterhouse in Kupang City. This is an observational analytic study with cross sectional design. All 52 workers in the slaughterhouse that fulfilled the criteria of eligibility was taken as study samples. The obedience to SOP, sleep quality and workplace accidents was measured using a questionnaire. Chi square test was performed to analyze the correlation between each variable in this design. The result of this study showed that there was a significant correlation between obedience to SOP with workplace accidents (p = 0.006) and sleep quality with workplace accidents (p = 0.003). We conclude that the obedience to SOP and sleep quality was correlated with workplace accidents in the workers in a slaughterhouse.
. C. D. Pranamyaditia, “Risiko Keselamatan Dan Kesehatan Kerja Pada Pekerja Peternakan Sapi Di Pt X Cabang Kota Kediri,” Indones. J. Occup. Saf. Heal., vol. 5, no. 1, p. 1, 2017, doi: 10.20473/ijosh.v5i1.2016.1-10.
. T. Sanjaya, “The Influence Of Worker Profile To Their Behaviour Level Toward Work Place Hazard At Slaughter House,” 2010.
. J. Sangaji, S. Jayanti, and D. Lestantyo, “Factors Related To Behavior Unsafe Workers Of PT X,” J. Kesehat. Masy., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 563–571, 2018.
. A. Y. Mandala, I. B. N. Swacita, and I. K. Suada, “The Assessment Application Of Animal Welfare In The Process Of Slaughtering Cattle At Slaughterhouse Of Mambal In Badung,” Indones. Med. Veterinus, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2016.
. K. F. Kodrat, “Effect Of Work Shift On Fatigue Of Palm Oil Factory Workers In PT. X Stock Ports,” J. Tek. Ind., vol. 12, no. 2, p. 110117, 2011.
. E. Handayani, T. A. Wibowo, and D. Suryani, “Relationship Between Use Of Self-Protective Equipment, Age And Working Time With Work Accidents In Rustic Part Workers In PT Borneo Through Buana Export Yogyakarta,” J. Kesehat. Masy., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 208–217, 2013, doi: 10.12928/kesmas.v4i3.1092.
. Tarwaka, Ergonomi Industri. Surakarta: HARAPAN PRESS, 2010.
. A. K. Pratama, “Characteristics Of Workers With Unsafe Action On Loaded Workers In PT. Terminal Petikemas Surabaya,” Indones. J. Occup. Saf. Heal., vol. 4, no. 1, p. 64, 2015, doi: 10.20473/ijosh.v4i1.2015.64-73.
. R. Damayanti and E. Ramandhani, “Description of Accident At Steel Industry in Gresik Indonesia,” J. Ind. Hyg. Occup. Heal., vol. 2, no. 2, p. 152, 2018, doi: 10.21111/jihoh.v2i2.1886.
. U. Bagus, P. Kawatu, and W. Joseph, “The Correlation Between Unsafe Action with Accident Work in Labor Loading and Unloading at PT Pelabuhan Indonesia IV,” vol. 7, 2018.
. P. A. Ginting, Perubahan Budaya Safety di Indonesia. Jakarta: Ribu Pass Persada, 2013.
. E. Rohyati, B. Ndoen, and C. L. Penu, “Study Of Feasibility Operational Housing Of Animals (RPH) Oeba Government Of East Kupang Nusa Tenggara City In Producing Meat With Original Quality,” Partner, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 162–171, 2017.
. Peraturan Menteri Pertanian, Peraturan Menteri Pertanian Nomor 13/PERMENTAN/OT.140/1/2010 Tentang Persyaratan Rumah Potong Hewan Ruminansia Dan Unit Penanganan Daging (Meat Cutting Plant). 2010.
. S. Ayu, E. A. Jayadipraja, and A. A. Harun, “Relationship between Application of Operational Procedure and Training Standards with Work Accidents at Employees at PT. PLN Kendari City Customer Service Implementing Unit,” vol. 9, pp. 170–177, 2019.
. N. R. Pradipta, B. Kurniawan, and S. Jayanti, “Analysis Of The Implementation Of The Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) For Electrical Employees In PT. Angkasa Pura I Semarang,” J. Kesehat. Masy., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 537–548, 2016.
. S. Rahmania, B. Kurniawan, and E. Ekawati, “Relationship Of Knowledge, Attitude, Compliance With Procedures, Weaknesses, And Use Of APD With The Event Of Minor Injury In Operators Of Sand Mining Production Operators In Klaten,” J. Kesehat. Masy., vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 316–322, 2017.
. I. N. Barizqi, “The Relationship between The Compliance of PPE Use with Accident Cases In Construction Workers Of PT. Adhi Karya Tbk Project Telogorejo Hospital Semarang,” Universitas Negeri Semarang, 2015.
. W. Budiawan, S. Sriyanto, and I. Hermanda, “The Effect Of Distraction And Sleep Quality Towards The Level Of Awareness Of Brt Corridor I (Mangkang - Penggaron),” J@ti Undip J. Tek. Ind., vol. 12, no. 1, p. 43, 2017, doi: 10.14710/jati.12.1.43-48.
. D. I. Prakoso, Y. Setyaningsih, and B. Kurniawan, “The Correlations Individual Characteristics, Work Loads, and Sleep Quality With Fatigue Work In Education Manpower In Education Institutions X,” J. Kesehat. Masy., vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 88–93, 2018.
. Rafknwoledge, Insomnia dan gangguan Tidur Lainnya. Gramedia : Jakarta: PT. Elex Media Computindo, 2004.
. I. N. Wulandari and L. made I. S. H. Adiputra, “Relationship Sleep Disturbances With Fatigue Night Shift For 24 Hour Minimarket in Denpasar City,” 2015.
. S. S. Russeng, “Nutritional Status and Work Fatigue ( Study at Night Bus Drivers in South and West Sulawesi ),” Int. J. Sci. Basic Appl. Res., vol. 4531, pp. 90–101, 2015.
. D. W. Wicaksono, A. Yusuf, and I. Y. Widyawati, “Dominant Factor Analysis related to Sleep quality of Undergradruate Nursing Students Universitas Airlangga,” p. 36, 2019.
. E. Trisnawati, “Sleep Quality, Nutritional Status And Fatigue Work In Women Workers With Multiple Role,” Pros. Semin. Nas. Kesehat., pp. 1–16, 2012.
. A. W. Saraswati and I. Paskarini, “Relations Between Sleep Disturbance On Shift Workers With Work Accident at Cargo Terminal,” Indones. J. Occup. Saf. Heal., vol. 7, no. 1, p. 72, 2018, doi: 10.20473/ijosh.v7i1.2018.72-80.
. Y. Tanriono, D. V. Doda, and A. E. Manampiring, “Relationship Between Employment, Sleeping Quality, Driver Behavior And Nutritional Status With Occupational Accidents at Ojek Driver In Bitung City,” J. KESMAS, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 99–110, 2019.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.