Types of Disputes’ causes in Saudi Construction Project
AbstractThe construction industry is one of the most active and buoyant industries in the global sphere, and disputes contain within their nature risks and threats to the availability of technology, resources, expertise et al which potentially damages the development and expansion of the industry as a whole. It is becoming increasingly difficult and complicated for constructors to attend to multiple projects due to the need for adaptation to the numerous unforeseen adjustments with which a construction team must contend. Much research has been conducted to identify the factors which contribute to construction industry disputes and a number of key studies from various countries have been examined to facilitate understanding of the context in which disagreements arise.
. Cheung, S. O., Suen, H. C., Ng, S. T., & Leung, M. Y. (2004). Convergent views of neutrals and users about alternative dispute resolution. Journal of Management in Engineering, 20(3), 88-96
. Cakmak, P.I., & Cakmak, E. (2013). An analysis of causes of disputes in the construction industry using analytical hierarchy process (AHP). AEI 2013 Architectural Engineering Institute Conference, 3-5 April, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA..
. Fenn, P. (2006) Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution, in Lowe, D. and Leiringer, R. (eds), Commercial Management of Projects, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, 234-269.
. Fenn, P. (2007). “Predicting construction disputes: an aetiological approach”. Proceedings of the ICE - Management, Procurement and Law.
. Fenn, P.; Lowe, D.; & Speck, C. (1997). Conflict and dispute in construction. Construction Management & Economics, 15(6), 513-518.w. Taylor & Francis.
. Kumaraswamy, M. M. (1997). Conflicts, claims and disputes in construction. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 4(2), 95-111.
. Assaf, S. A.; & Al-Hejji, S. (2005). Causes of delay in large construction projects. International journal of project management, 24(4), 349-357.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.