Evaluation of System Performance for Microalga Cultivation in Photobioreactor with IOTs (Internet of Things)
AbstractPhotobioreactors are a closed system concept of microalgae cultivation which is mostly done to control the development of intensive cultivation. The use of the internet to control microalgae has been carried out so that cyber physic interaction occurs by using the Internet of Things (IOTs) where this concept is an evolution of the concept of internet use that aims to expand the benefits of internet connectivity that is connected continuously with the ability to control remotely (remote control), data sharing (data sharing), continuous monitoring (real time monitoring) and up to date (up to date). This research aims to design a microalgae cultivation system as a source of food and energy for the future with a photobioreactor integrated with IOTs, so that it can be monitored continuously, controlled and used as a model for the development of greater microalgae cultivation technology. Development of automation in the cultivation of microalgae needs to be done to improve productivity and maintain quality so that the cultivation of microalgae can lead to industrialization, so that the development of microalgae as raw material for various needs can be optimized. Cultivation in a closed system photobioreactor, will produce microalgae that are not contaminated by external contaminants, growth analysis can be done based on the parameters that affect it, including the cultivation room temperature, lighting level (luminance), and the color of water in the process of photosynthesis microalgae, and also control of water circulation by using air lift (aerator). All processes carried out in this cultivation are done semi-automatically, because there is still a process of human interaction in setting parameters and controls in the process of harvesting microalgae. In this study microalgae was evaluated by using 4 cultivation tubes using 2 treatments giving fertilizer with different doses, where 2 tubes had the same dose, while 2 other tubes with different dosages. One tube with the same dose is used as a control. Visualization of controlled parameters includes, temperature parameters, light intensity, water color changes. The observed parameters will be displayed in a graphical user interface (GUI) in real time using the internet. The liitation of this studi is how the system for microalga cultivation in a fotobioreactor can monitored by sensor and visualization in a remote monitoring such as computer connected to internet and also any ather devices. The target of this research is to obtined time series data that can be analized and monitored.
Hallenbeck P and Benemann J. 2002. “Biological Hydrogen Production; Fundamentals and Limiting Processes”. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 27. 10.1016/S0360-3199(02)00131-3.
Chisti Y. 2007. “Biodiesel from Microalgae. Biotechnology Advances”, 25, 294-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biotechadv.2007.02.001.
Barnwal BK and Sharma MP. 2005. “Prospects of Biodiesel Production from Vegetable Oils in India”. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 9, 363 378.
Mata. 2010, “Microalgae for biodiesel production and other applications: A review”. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews Volume 14, Issue 1, Pages 217-232.
Langley. 2012. “Genomic variation in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster”. Genetics. 192(2):533-98. doi: 10.1534/genetics.112.142018.
Esposito S, Cafiero A, Giannino F, Mazzoleni S, Diano M, 2017. “ A Monitoring, Modeling and Decision Support System (DSS) for a Microalgae Production Plant based on Internet of Things Structure. Procedia Computer Science, Volume 113, page 519-524
Giannino F, Esposito S, Diano M, Cuomo S, Toraldo G. 2018. “A predictive Decision Support System (DSS) for a microalgae production plant based on Internet of Things paradigm”. Concurrency Computat.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.