Action Plan for Strengthening the Role of Panglima Laot Based on Fisherman Communities in Regional Centers of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Sukajaya Distric, Sabang
AbstractThe development of island-based Marine and Fisheries Center Integrated Areas is the main driver in the development of the marine and fisheries sector, because it integrates upstream and watershed activities and developments in a marine and fisheries development process. The close distance between decision makers and local fishermen makes it easy in the process of channeling social aspirations and control in one set of policies. The development of the Sabang MARINE AND FISHERIES CENTER INTEGRETED AREAS area is carried out with the commitment of cooperation and hope to improve the quality of life of fishermen in the District of Sukajaya, Sabang. The purpose of this research is to formulate an action plan to strengthen the role of Panglima Laot based on fishing communities in the Integrated Fishery Center Center. The research method that will be used is a quantitative and qualitative approach with participatory techniques. The research location is in Sukajaya District, Sabang. This location was chosen deliberately by researchers based on the results of explorations that have been done before. The process of formulating an action plan to strengthen the role of Panglima Laot starts from the focus group discussion with the Technique using the ORID Technique. The results of the formulation of an action plan to strengthen the role of Panglima Laot include (1) Formulating rules for fishing that are non-formal in nature and then strengthen formalities by forming written norms as rules agreed upon for fishermen in fishing; (2) Establish the rules of the sea boundaries adjusted to the area of authority of a Panglima Laot (3) Reconstruct the devices of the Panglima Laot who control and oversee the course of the sea rules.
Adhuri DS. War over the sea, calculating challenges in the management of marine resources in the era of autonomy: lessons from the Kei Islands, Southeast Maluku. Journal of Indonesian Anthropology, 29 (03), pp 300-308, 2005.
Cendekia I. A Method for Facilitating Participatory of Decision Making. Jakarta: Pattiro. 2010
Chaliluddin, Purbayanto A, Monintja DR. 2014.Institution of Panglima Laot in Supporting Sustainable Capture Fisheries Based on Local Wisdom in Aceh Jaya District. International Journal of Sciences : Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). 16 (2) : 147-163
Directorate General of Capture Fisheries, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. Capture Fisheries Development Policies and Programs. 2017. Available: http://www.djpt.kkp.go.id/index.php/ar sip/c/253/policy-and-program- capture fisheries development /? Cate-gory_id = 14. [December. 14, 2018].
Directorate General of Sea Space Management, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. 2017. Sea Space Management Policies and Programs. Available: http: //www.djpt.kkp.go.id/index.php/ar-sip/c/253/policies-and-programs management of marine space /? Cate-gory_id = 14. [April. 8, 2019].
Kinseng RA, Sjaf S, Sihaloho M. Indonesian Maritime Community. National Sociology Conference II. Makassar (ID): FISIP UNHAS, Indonesian Sociology Study Program Association, 2013, pp. 78-85.
Kusnadi. Fishermen's Poverty Roots. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta. 2003.
Marine and Fisheries Ministry of Republic Indonesia. Performance and Strategic Plan of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries on 2015-2020. Jakarta : Sekjen KKP. 2016
Mochtar. Conservation of Fish Resources Based on Local Wisdom. Jakarta: Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries; Directorate General of Coastal and Small Islands Marine, and Directorate of Conservation and Fish Species.106 hlm, 2016.
Mustofa A. Traditions, customs and local wisdom in the world of fisheries in Indonesia. Maritime and Fisheries Program. WWF-Indonesia. 2012
Nasdian FT. Rural Area Development Module: A Theoretical View. Bogor (ID): IPB Press, 2018.
Ostrom E. Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from wtf.tw/ref/ostrom_1990.pdf. 68 (3): 249-262, 1990.
Purnomowati R. “Study of community-based coastal resource management (Case of Pemongkong Tourism Village, Keruak District, Lombo Timur Regency NTB)”. Thesis, Bogor Agricultural Institute Graduate School, Bogor (ID):, 2001.
Satria A. Sociology of Coastal Communities. Jakarta (ID): PT Pustaka Cidesindo,2002.
Satria A. Coast and Sea for the People. Bogor (ID): IPB Press, 2009.
Solihin A, Arif S. Marine Customary Rights in the Era of Regional Autonomy as a Solution to Sustainable Fisheries Management: The Awig-awig Case in West Lombok. J. Sodality : Jurnal Sosiologi Pedesaan. 1: 1: 67-86, 2007
Suharlina. “Analysis of conflict resolution of fishermen in the management of Madura Strait fishery resources in a sociological-legal perspective”. Thesis, Bogor (ID): Bogor Agricultural Institute Graduate School, 2008.
Sulaiman. “The Role of Local Institutions in Fisheries Management in the Era of Decentralization”. Thesis, Aceh: Faculty of Law, Syiah Kuala University, Darussalam. 2013.
Qanun Aceh 9/2008. The Development of Customary Life and Customary Life. [Internet]. Access by http://ditjenpp.kemenkumham.go.id/files/-ld/2008/nanggroacehdarussalam9-2008.pdf. [accessed on July 14, 2019]
Qanun Aceh 10/2008. The Customary institutions. [Internet]. Accaess by https://www1media.acehprov.go.id/uploads/qanun_aceh_no_10_tahun_2008.PDF. . [accessed on July 14, 2019.
Wibowo A. Local Fishermen's Wisdom on Weh Island. Semarang (ID): Sebelas Maret University,2017.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.