Analysis of Competitiveness of Shallot (Allium cepa L.) Commodities in Nagari Alahan Panjang and Nagari Air Dingin Kecamatan Lembah Gumanti Kabupaten Solok, West Sumatera
AbstractOne of the horticultural commodities that has the potential to be well developed in Indonesia is the shallot commodity, which has the potential to be traded on the international market. The main producing province of shallots on the island of Sumatra is West Sumatra, Solok Regency. This study aims to determine the competitiveness of shallot farming in Solok Regency, West Sumatra and determine the impact of government policies on outputs and inputs in onion farming. The research method is descriptive qualitative and quantitative descriptive methods. Data analysis is PAM (Policy Analysis Matrix). The analysis shows that onion farming in Solok Regency, West Sumatra has a Private Advantage of 34,269,456.00 (Competitive Advantage) and has a Social Advantage of 92,203,432.00 (Comparative Advantage), and has a competitive advantage with a yield of 0.24 (Private Profitability) and comparative advantage with a result of 0.04 (Social Profitability).
Aldila, Haris Fatori. "Shallot Competitiveness in the Production Center Area in Indonesia". Thesis M.A., Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor.2016
[BPS] Statistics Indonesia. 2015. Foreign Trade Statistics (Exports and Imports). Jakarta.
[BPS] West Sumatra Province Central Statistics Agency. 2015. West Sumatra in 2015 Figures.
[BPS] Solok Regency Statistics Agency. 2017. Solok District in Figures 2017.
Jorong Rimbo Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Counseling Center Data Nagari Sungai Nanam Kecamatan Lembah Gumanti Solok Regency.
Directorate General of Domestic Trade, 2013. Directorate General of Domestic Trade.
Handewi P.S, Rachman, Supriyadi, Saptana, Benny, R. 2001. Efficiency and Competitiveness of Horticultural Farming. Bogor Agricultural Socio-Economic Research and Development Center. Bogor. 50 - 85 pages.
Handewi, P.S., Rachman., And Ariani, M. 2008. Diversification of Food Consumption in Indonesia: Problems and Implications for Agricultural Policy Analysis Programs and Policies 6 (2): 140-154
Husodo, S.Y. Independent Agriculture. Jakarta: Swadaya Spreaders, 2004.
Jakiyah Ulpah. "Analysis of Organic Rice Cultivation Competitiveness in Tasikmalaya Regency, West Java". Thesis M.A., Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor. 2016
Kadariah, Lien Karlina and Clive Gray. Introduction to Project Evaluation. Jakarta: Publisher Institute: Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia, 1978.
Kurniawan, Ahmad Yusuf. "Analysis of Corn Farming Efficiency and Competitiveness on Dry Land in Tanah Laut Regency, South Kalimantan". Thesis M.A., Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor. 2008.
Mawardi, Nanang Kusuma. "Analysis of Competitiveness of Shallot Commodities in the Special Region of Yogyakarta". Thesis M.A., Gadjah Mada University. Yogyakarta. 2016
Murtiningrum, Fery, "Analysis of Robusta Coffee (Coffia Conep Hora) Farming in Rejang Lebong District". Thesis M.A., Postgraduate Masters in Agribusiness Faculty of Agriculture, Bengkulu University, Bengkulu. 2013.
Monke, E. A. and S. R. Pearson. Policy Analysis Matrix for Agricultural Development. Ithaca. London: Cornell University, 1989.
Nasir, Mohammad. Research methods. Jakarta: Ghalia Indonesia, 1989.
Nurasa T, Darwis V. 2007. Analysis of Farming and Performance of Shallot Marketing Margin in Brebes Regency: Agrosia Deed Journal 10 (1): 40 - 48
Nolasary, Mega Putri. "Analysis of Competitiveness and the impact of Government policies on Shallots in Solok Regency". Thesis M.A., Postgraduate of Andalas University. Padang. 2017
Pusdatin, 2015. Agricultural Data and Information Center Center (Pusdatin)
Rukmana Rahmat and Yudirachman Herdi. Success of Shallot Cultivation in Yard and Plantation. Yogyakarta: Lily Publisher, 2017.
Rahmadona Lola, Fariyanti Anna and Burhanuddin. 2017. Competitiveness of Shallot Commodities in Majalengka Regency, West Java. Bogor. Indonesian Horticulture Journal. 8 (2): 128 - 135. August 2107.
Renstra Kementerian Pertanian, 2015 -2019.
Ministry of Agriculture Strategic Plan. 2015 - 2019.
Suharyati, Anita. "Analysis of Organic Rice Competitiveness in Karanganyar Regency". Thesis M.A., Postgraduate Faculty of Agriculture, Gadjah Mada University. Yogyakarta. 2016
Saputro, Wahyu Adhi. "Analysis of Sugarcane Farming Competitiveness in Central and East Java". Thesis M.A., Postgraduate Agricultural Economics, Gadjah Mada University. Yogyakarta. 2017.
Simanjuntak SB. "Analysis of Competitiveness and the Impact of Government Policy on the Competitiveness of Indonesian Palm Oil Companies" Dissertation of P.hd., Postgraduate Program, Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor. 1992.
Suhardedi Cecep. "Competitiveness of Rice Farming in Sragen Regency". Thesis M.A., Postgraduate Agribusiness Management, Gadjah Mada University. Yogyakarta. 2017.
Saptana, Sunarsih, Indraningsih, KS. 2006. Turning Comprehensive Advantage into Competitive Advantage through the Development of Horticultural Business Partnerships. Agro Economic Research Forum. 24 (1): 61-76.
Taufik M. 2012. Strategy for Vegetable Agribusiness Development in South Sulawesi. Agricultural Research and Development Journal. 31 (2): 43-50.
UPTD Lembah Gumanti District, Solok Regency. 2017
Wijaya, Pandu Aji. 2017. Holidays for Shallot Farming in Bantul Regency. [Thesis]. Agribusiness Study Program Department of Agriculture Socio-Economic Faculty of Agriculture. Yogyakarta (ID): Gadjah Mada University.
Yadjid, Muhamad, 2011. Analysis of Sugarcane Farming Competitiveness and Structural Adjustment of Sugar Industry in East Java. [Thesis]. Bogor (ID): Bogor Agricultural Institute Graduate School.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.