The Role of Profitability Mediated the Influence of Investment Decisions on Dividend Policy
AbstractThe company basically proposed to be achieved to maintain its survival in fierce business competition. The purpose can be interpreted when the company has successfully achieved what is desired, both short term and long term. Getting maximum profit is the main goal of a company while providing prosperity for company owners and shareholders and maximizing the value of the company is its long-term goal. This research was conducted at the Manufacturing Industrial Company on the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the period of 2016 - 2015. The total population taken was 35 companies using the census method. Based on the analysis it was found that the Investment Decision had a significant positive effect on profitability (DPR). Investment Decisions have a significant positive effect on Dividend Policy. Profitability has a significant positive effect on Dividend Policy. Profitability is able to mediate the effect of Investment Decisions on Dividend Policy in the Manufacturing Industry Sector shares in the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the period of 2017 - 2018. The research implications emphasize the tangible benefits of the results of this study for interested parties, especially for investors who are planning to invest in the capital market. Through the results of this study, companies should be able to further optimize the performance of their companies in order to increase profitability, so the company is able to share company profits with investors in the form of dividends. Companies that have a stable return and dividend policy will increase the value of the company. Evidenced by the results of research obtained and exposure to the relationship between variables that generally have a positive and significant effect.
E. Brigham and J. Houston, Dasar-Dasar Manajemen Keuangan Edisi 11, Diterjemahkan oleh Ali Akbar Yulianto. Jakarta: Salemba Empat, 2013.
B. Jaara, H. Alashhab, and O. O. Jaara., “The Determinants of Dividend Policy for Non-financial Companies in Jordan. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 8(2), pp 198-209.” 2018.
M. Haming and B. Salim., Studi Kelayakan Investasi Proyek dan Bisnis. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
C. P. Jones, Investment: Analysis and Management. Singapura: John Wiley and Sons Singapore Pte. Ltd., 2014.
G. N. Ahmad and B. K. Wardani, “The Effect of Fundamental Factor to Dividend Policy: Evidence in Indonesia Stock Exchange.,” Int. J. Bus. Commer., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 5–14, 2014.
K. K. Mehmood and M. H. Hafeez, “Companies’ profitability and asset growth within and across ASEAN,” A Res. J. Commer. Econ. Soc. Sci., vol. 11, no. 1, 2017.
J. F. Weston and T. E. Copeland, Managerial Finance. New York: CBS Colledge Publishing, 2010.
V. Hansen and Juniarti, “Pengaruh Famly Control, Size, Sales Growth dan Leverage terhadap Profitabilitas dan Nilai Perusahaan pada Sektor Perdagangan, Jasa, dan Investasi. , 2(1), h: .,” J. Bus. Acounnting Riview, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 121–130, 2014.
A. Iqbal and W. Zhuquan., “Working Capital Management and Profitability Evidenc From Firms Listed an Karachi Stock Exchange,” Int. J. Bus. Manag., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 231–235, 2015.
J. S and P. K., “Interelationship Between Firm Growth and Profitability. International,” J. Hosp. Manag., vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 1027–1035, 2016.
A. C. Santoso and Juniarti., “Pengaruh Family Control terhadap Profitabilitas dan Nilai Perusahaan Sektor Aneka Industry.,” Bussines Acounnting Riview, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 51–60, 2014.
T. Trisanti, “Analysis of the Factors Influencing Dividend Policy: Evidence of Indonesian Listed Firms,” Int. Conf. Organ. Innov., vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 240–249, 2018.
L. M. Ulfa and T. Yuniati., “Pengaruh Kinerja Keuangan, Asset Growth dan Firm Size Terhadap Dividend Payout Ratio.,” J. Ilmu dan Ris. Manaj., vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 1–14, 2016.
P. Harris. and S. Constantion., “The Effect on Stock Prices of the Expiration of the Current Maximum Rathe of 15 Percent on Dividend Income.,” Intern. Audit., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2013.
W. P. Har and M. Ghafar, “The Impact of Accounting Earnings on Stock Returns: The Case of Malaysia’s Plannation Industry,” Int. J. Bus. Manag., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 155–165, 2015.
V. Safaqi and H. Vakilifard, “The Effect of Variabeles of the Fundamental Techniques of Returns of the Stock in Terhan Stock Exchange,” Interdiscip. J. Contemp. Res. Bus., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 808–813, 2014.
C. K. Yegon, J. G. Mouni, and K. Wanjau, “Effects of Firm Size on Enterprise Risk Management of Listed Firms in Kenya,” IOSR J. Bus. Manag., vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 86–95, 2014.
E. O. Nyandumo, “The Effect of Profitability on Dividend Policy for Manufacturing Companied Listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange,” J. financ. econ., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 50–59, 2015.
S. Aqel, “An Empirical Investigation of Corporate Dividend Payout Policy in an Emerging Market: Evidence from Palestine Securities Exchange.,” Res. J. Financ. Account., vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 7–16, 2016.
C. Maldajian and R. M. E. Khoury, “Determinants of the Dividend Policy: An Empirical Study on the Lebanese Listed Banks,” Int. J. Econ. Financ., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 240–256, 2014.
F. Papilaya and S. W. Ririhena, “Faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhi Profitabilitas dan Nilai Perusahaan,” J. Ilmu Ekon. Sos., vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2014.
I. P. S. Suryanata, I. W. Suwendra, and F. Yudiaatmaja, “Tingkat Profitabilitas Bank Umum Swasta Nasional Devisa Yang Terdaftar Di Bei Periode 2012-2013 (Kajian Faktor Penyebab Dan Dampaknya),” E-Journal Bisma Univ. Pendidik. Ganesha Jur. Manaj., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–2, 2014.
I. A. A. Saraswathi, I. G. B. Wiksuana, and H. Rahyuda, “Pengaruh Risiko Bisnis, Pertumbuhan Perusahaan dan Struktur Modal terhadap Profitabilitas serta NIlai Perusahaan Manufaktur,” E-Jurnal Ekon. dan Bisnis Univ. Udayana, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1729–1756, 2016.
S. A. Shah and U. Meoreen, “Stock Price Volatility and Role of Dividend Policy: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan,” Int. J. Econ. Financ. Issues, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 461–472, 2016.
E. W. Migwi, “The Effect Profitbility in Dividend Policy of Commercial Banks in Kenya,” J. financ. econ., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 50–59, 2015.
S. T. Enow and E. B. H. Isaacs, “Factors that Determine Dividend Payout. Evidence from the Financial Service Sector in South Africa,” J. Bank. Financ. Manag., vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 48–53, 2018.
Sukoco, Herry. "Pengaruh Debt to Equity Ratio, Profitabilitas, Firm Sizedan Likuiditas Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan melalui Mediasi Dividend Payout Ratio". Jurnal Bisnis Strategi, Vol, 22, No. 2, pp:112-127, 2013.
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.