Estimating the Parameters of a Robust Geographically Weighted Regression Model in Gross Regional Domestics Product in East Java
AbstractGeographically weighted regression (GWR) is a regression parameter estimation method that accommodates location elements. Estimates of regression parameters have problems when there are outliers in the modelled data, including data based on location. This problem can be handled by a robust method of outliers, the robust GWR method (RGWR). M-estimator and S-estimator have high efficiency and high breakdown points. This study aimed to determine the best regression parameter estimation model on gross regional domestic product (GRDP) data in East Java Province in 2015, which is indicated to have various value based on the characteristic of regency/city. The city of Surabaya has very different characteristics from other regions and is detected as outliers based on a GWR model error plot, so RGWR with M-estimator and S-estimator are used. The mean absolute deviation (MAD) show that the best model for data in this study is the RGWR with M-estimator.
. H. Zhang and C. Mei. “Local least absolute deviation estimation of spatially varying coefficient models: robust geographically weighted regression approaches.” International Journal of Geographical Information Science. vol. 25(9), pp. 1467-1489, 2011.
. M.J.S. Windle, et al. “Exploring spatial non-stationarity of fisheries survey data using geographically weighted regression (GWR): an example from the Northwest Atlantic.” ICES Journal of Marine Science. vol. 67, pp.145–154, 2010.
. A.S. Fotheringham. et al. Geographically Weighted Regression: The Analysis of Spatially Varying Relationship. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2002, pp. 27-64.
. Z. Mahmood. and Salahuddin. “Resampling Method for the Data Adaptive Choice of Tuning Constant in Robust Regression.” Pakistan Journal of Statistics. vol. 31(3), pp. 281-294, 2015.
. P.J. Rousseeuw and V.J. Yohai. “Robust Regression by Means of S-Estimators, Robust and Nonlinear Time Series Analysis.” Lecture Notes in Statistics. vol. 26, pp. 256–272, 1984.
. V. Verard and C. Croux. “Robust regression in stata.” The Stata Journal. vol. 9(3), pp. 439-453, 2009.
. P. Harris. et al. “Robust geographically weighted regression: a technique for quantifying spatial relationships between freshwater acidification critical loads and catchment attributes.” Annals of the Association of American Geographers. vol. 100(2), pp. 286 – 306, 2010.
. R. Afifah. “Robust geographically weighted regression with least absolute deviation method in case of poverty in Java Island.” American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings. vol. 1827(1), pp. 020023, 2017.
. I. C. Nurhayati et al. “Robust geographically weighted regression with least absolute deviation (case study: the percentage of diarrhea occurrence in semarang 2015).” Journal of Physics: Cofference Series. vol. 1217, pp. 012099, 2019.
. Badan Pusat Statistik (BPS). Provinsi Jawa Timur dalam Angka 2017: Jawa Timur, ID, 2017.
. M. Solihin. “Pengembangan regresi terboboti geografis dan temporal menggunakan interaksi jarak spasial temporal studi kasus pertumbuhan ekonomi di jawa tengah tahun 2011-2015.” M.Sc. thesis, IPB University, Indonesia, 2017.
. I. Yulita. “Pemodelan regresi komponen utama dan LASSO terboboti geografis (global dan lokal) (studi kasus data produk domestik regional bruto (PDRB)) pada 113 kabupaten/kota di pulau jawa.” M.Sc. thesis, Indonesia, 2016.
Y. Susanti et al. “M estimation, S estimation, and MM estimation in robust regression.” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics. vol. 91(3), pp. 349-360, 2014.
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.