Robust Geographically and Temporally Weighted Regression Using S-estimator in Criminal Case in East Java Province
AbstractGeographically weighted regression (GWR) is a model that can be used for data with spatial varying. Geographically and Temporally Weighted Regression (GTWR) is a development of the GWR model for data spatial and temporal varying. Parameter estimation in GTWR model uses weighted least square method which is very sensitive to outliers data. The outlier caused bias in parameter estimation, so it must be handled by robust GTWR (RGTWR). In this research, S-estimator was used to handle outliers and estimate an RGTWR. Both GTWR and RGTWR is used to build model crime rate in East Java 2011-2015. The Crime rate is used as a response variable and the percentage of poor people, population density, and human development index are used as explanatory variables. The best model in this research is RGTWR using S-estimator. RGTWR using S-estimator has a coefficient of determination equal to 98,2 meanwhile RMSE equal to 33.941 and MAD equal to 4.994.
[BPS] Badan Pusat Statistik Jawa Timur. Provinsi Jawa Timur dalam Angka 2011-2015. Jawa Timur (ID): BPS. 2011-2015.
[BPS] Badan Pusat Statistik. Statistik Kriminal 2017. Jakarta (ID): BPS. 2017.
Dona FM, Setiawan. "Pemodelan Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Tingkat Kriminalitas di Jawa Timur dengan Analisis Regresi Spasial". Jurnal Sains dan Seni ITS, vol. 4, no 1. 2015.
Erda G, Indahwati, A Djuraidah. "Outlier handling of robust geographically and temporally weighted regression". Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 1175. 2019.
Farber S., Pa´ez A. "A Systematic Investigation of Cross-Validation in GWR Model Estimation: Empirical Analysis and Monte Carlo Simulations". Journal of Geographical Systems, vol. 9, pp. 371–396. 2007.
Fotheringham AS, Brundson C, Charlton M. “Geographically Weighted Regression: The Analysis of Spatially Varying Relationship”. England: John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2002, pp. 1-22.
Fotheringham AS, Crespo R, Yao J. “Geographically and temporal weighted regression (GTWR)”. Geographical Analysis. The Ohio State University: 1-22. 2015.
Huang B, Wu B, Barry M. "Geographically and Temporally Weighted Regression for Modeling Spatio-Temporal Variation in House Prices". International Journal Of Geographical Information Science, vol. 24 (3), pp. 383-401. 2010.
Liu H., Jezek K, and O’Kelly M.. "Detecting Outliers In Irregularly Distributed Spatial Datasets by Locally Adaptive and Robust Statistical Analysis and GIS". International Journal of Geographical Information Science, vol. 15, pp. 721–741. 2001.
Liu J, Yang Y, Xu S, Zhao Y, Wang Y, Zhang F. “A Geographically Temporal Weighted Regression Approach With Travel Distance for House Price Estimation”. Article Entropy MDPI, vol. 303 (18), pp. 1-13. 2017.
Rousseeuw PJ, Yohai VJ. “Robust Regression by Means of S-Estimators, Robust and Nonlinear Time Series Analysis”. Lecture Notes in Statistics 26, pp. 256–272. 1984.
Sholihin M, Agus MS, A Djuraidah. "Geographically and Temporally Weighted Regression (GTWR) for Modeling Economic Growth Using R". International Journal of Computer Science and Network, vol. 6, pp. 2277-5420. 2017.
Simamora PA, Vita R. "Pemodelan Persentase dan Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi di Jawa Timur dengan Pendekatan GWR". Jurnal Sains dan Seni ITS, vol. 3, no. 1. 2014.
Wang P. "Exploring Spatial Effects on Housing Price: The Case Study of The City of Calgary". Master dissertation. University of Calgary, Canada. 2006.
Widiyanti KY, Yasin H, Sugito. "Pemodelan Proporsi Penduduk Miskin Kabupaten dan Kota di Provinsi Jawa Tengah Menggunakan Geographically and Temporally Weighted Regression". Jurnal Gaussian, vol. 3(4), pp. 691-700. 2014.
Y Susanti and H Pratiwi. “M estimation, S estimation, and MM estimation in Robust Regression”. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol .91, no 9, pp 349-360. 2014.
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.