The Non-Negative –Matrix Completion Problem for 5×5 Matrices Specifying Cyclic Diagraphs with 5 Vertices and 4 Arcs
AbstractThe non-negative P0-matrix completion is considered for 5×5 matrices specifying digraphs with p=5 and q=4.The research determines which of the digraphs with p=5 and q=4 and specifying 5×5 partial matrices have non-negative P0-completion. Considering the 5×5 matrices with q=4, all the sixty one (61) non-isomorphic digraphs shall be constructed. All the partial non-negative P0-matrices will be extracted from each digraph. To establish if the pattern has non-negative P0-completion or not, zero completion will be performed on each of the partial matrix extracted. The study establishes that all acyclic digraphs of an 5×5 matrix with q=4 have non-negative P0-completion. The matrix completion problem is to find the values of an n x m matrix M, given a sparse and incomplete set of observations. Possible areas of applications include Seismic data reconstruction to recover missing traces when data is sparse and incomplete ,say due to malfunctioned measuring instruments, biased or corrupted traces, ground barriers, or due to financial limitation to access complete data. Others include incomplete market surveys (eg movie ratings to complete missing data so as to recommend appropriately to viewers), weather forecasting from historical data recordings as well as future predictions from computer simulations, reconstruction of images in computer; and finding the positions of sensors in Global Positioning from distances available in a local network.
Hogben, L. (2001). "Graph Theoretic Methods for Matrix Completion Problems."Linear Algebra and its Applications. Vol.328, pp 161–202.
Choi, J. Y.; Dealba, L.M. ;Hogben, L.; Kivunge, B. M.; Nordstrom, S. K.;& M.Schedenhelm. (2003). "The non-negative Po-matrix completion problem." Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra.Vol.10, pp 46–59.
Munyiri, J.; Kamaku, W.;& Nyaga, L. (2014). "The Non-Negative Po-matrix Completion Problem for 5×5 Matrices Specifying Digraphs with 5 Vertices and 3 Arcs."
Harary, F. & Palmer, E.M. (1973).Graph Enumeration. Michigan State University East Lansing.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.