Sea Dump; Multi Function Waste Supply Tool Design to Reduce Belawan Sea Pollution
AbstractBelawan Sea are a very dense water area with industrial activities, shipping and human activities. Damage to marine ecosystems continues to increase as the amount of marine waste increases. It is estimated that around 80% of the waste in the sea comes from human activities on land and the remaining 20% comes from activities in the sea. The presence of plastic waste as solid waste is very dominant, with almost 60-80% of the total marine waste. Other marine waste which is a serious concern is oil and heavy metal waste originating from industrial activities. Belawan sea as an international standard port area are flanked by the mouth of the Belawan River and Deli River and receive domestic and non-domestic industrial waste from the river flow. Therefore, to overcome the problem of sea pollution, we designed Sea-Dump. This tool with the principle of desludging is multi-functional because it can carry out screening operations for solid waste such as plastic waste and absorb the liquid waste such as lead (Pb) and oil at once. Sea-Dump is applicable, effective and economical because it can be installed independently on fishing boats. Thus, the condition of the Belawan marine environment becomes conducive and beneficial for marine biota, fishermen, and surrounding communities.
. Cózar, et al. 2014. Plastic Debris in the Open Ocean. PNAS. 347 (6223): 768-771.
. Cordova. 2016. Microplastic in the Deep-Sea Sediment of Southwestern Sumatran Waters. Mar. Res. Indonesia. 41 (1): 27−35.
. Purwaningrum, P. 2016. Efforts to Reduce Plastic Waste in the Environment. Journal of Environmental Engineering. 8 (2): 141-147.
. Kuncowati. 2010. Effects of Marine Oil Pollution on Marine Ecosystems. Journal ofApplications Shipping and Harbor. 1 (1): 2.
. IPIECA (International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association). 2000. Dispersants and Their Role in Oil Spill Response. 2nd edition. London.
. Mukhtasor. 2007. Coastal and Marine Pollution. PT Pradnya Paramita. Jakarta.
. North Sumatra Cyber Media. 2008. Deli River and Belawan Waters Polluted.
http: //www.sumutcyber.com/?open=view&newsid=3492. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
. Sudiarta, I Wayan, and Emmy Sahara. 2011. Cr (III) Biosorption on Biosorbent Coconut Fiber Activated by Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH). Chemical Journal. 5 (2): 133-142
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.