Effectiveness of Variable Size of Composite Activated Carbon Sugar Palm Bunches (Arenga Pinnata) and Extract of Iron Sand on Adsorption of Motor Vehicle Exhaust Gas (CO, CO2, HC)
AbstractThis analysis aims to define the effectiveness of grain size variations of the composites of activated carbon from aren bunches (Arenga pinnata) and iron sand to analyze the levels of absorption of motor vehicle exhaust gas (CO, CO2, HC). Samples of sugar palm bunches wereobtained in Lalodati Village, Kendari City while iron samples obtained in Bubu Village, District, North Kambowa Buton Regency. Samples of sugar palm bunches and iron sand were washed and dried in the sun for 5 days. Waste bunches samples sugar palm is then carbonated with a temperature of 250 - 4000C for 8 hours. Then for the iron sand extraction process is carried out using magnets.After that, carbon samples of sugar palm bunches and iron sand were mashed with a mortar and sieved with a grain size of 60 mesh, 80 mesh, 100 mesh, and 200 mesh. Samples Carbon of palm bunch waste were activated using temperature at 700 ° C for 30 minutes. Then, activated carbon samples of sugar palm bunches and iron sand waste homogenized with a ratio of 3:2 hours using a homogenizer for 8 hours After that, composite samples that have been homogeneous compacted on a pipe measuring 8 cm, with a pressure of 10 Newton. Samples are then inserted into the adsorption tube and analyzed using Anycar Autocheck Gas and Smoke (AAGS) analyzer. The results obtained showed that the activated carbon composite and iron sand extract had an influence on variations in grain size, where composite with grain size 100 mesh and 200 mesh are more effective in absorbing exhaust gas vehicle than composites measuring 60 mesh and 80 mesh.
Jayanti, N. E. (2014). “Emisi Gas Carbon Monooksida (Co) dan Hydrocarbon (HC) pada Rekayasa Jumlah Blade Turbo Ventilator Sepeda Motor "Supra X 125 Tahun 2006". Jurnal Teknik Mesin. Vol.16(2), 1-6. Available:http://ejournal.undip.ac.id/index.php/rotasi.
Basuki, K. T, Setiawan, B, Nurimaniwathy. (2007). "Penurunan Konsentrasi CO dan NO₂ pada Emisi Gas Buang dengan Menggunakan Media Penyisipan TiO₂ Lokal Pada Karbon Aktif." Journal Forum Nuklir (JFN). Vol 1(1).
Nugraha. B. S. “Aplikasi Teknologi Injeksi Bahan Bakar Lektronik (Efi) Untuk Mengurangi Emisi Gas Buang Sepeda Motor." Jurnal Ilmiah Popular dan Teknologi Terapan. 2007. Vol 5(2) :1-16.
Rahmawati, R. “Pengaruh Konsentrasi TiO2 pada Komposit Karbon Aktif Kulit Biji Mete dan TiO2 terhadap Daya Serap Gas Buang Sepeda Motor (CO, CO2 dan HC)”. Skripsi. Universitas Halu Oleo Kendari. 2015.
Jalaluddin, G. A., Darmadi. “Analisis Karakteristik Emisi Gas Buang pada Sarana Transportasi Roda Dua Kota Banda Aceh." Jurnal Teknik Mesin Unsyiah. Vol 1(4). December 2013.
Takagi, H., H. Hatori, Y. Yamada, S. Matsuo, and M. Shiraishi. “Hydrogen Adsorption Properties Of Activated Carbons With Modified Surfaces." Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 385(1-2). 2004.
Reynold, T. D. “Unit Operations And Processes In Environmental Engineering Brooks." California: Cole Engineering Division Monterey,1982, hlm 350-353.
Yanti. “Karbon Aktif Tempurung Biji Nyamplung (Calophyllum inphylum L.) sebagai Penyerap Gas Buang Sepeda Motor”. Skripsi. Universitas Halu Oleo. Kendari. 2018.
Haslinda. “Pengaruh Temperatur Pemanasan Terhadap Kandungan Unsur dan Nilai Suseptibilitas Magnetik Pasir Besi di Desa Laompo Kecamatan Batauga. Kabupaten Buton Selatan”. Skripsi. Universitas Halu Oleo. Kendari. 2015.
Adrianto, N., Ahmanas, S.R., Undu, M.A.A., Mongkito, V.H.R. “Characterization Activated Charcoal Sugar Palm bunches (Arengga Pinnata Merr) and the Application as Adsorbent Timbal Metal (Pb), Copper (Cu) and Krom (Cr) in Solution”. International Conference on Mathematics, Science and Education (ICMSE). 2018.
Fayanto, S., Sawaluddin., Anas, M., Hunaidah., Erniwati., Mongkito, V.H.R. “Preparation And Characterization Of Activated Carbon From Nyamplung (Calophyllum inophyllum .L) Seed Shell Waste: Effect Of Activation Temperature”. In conference Proceedings ICCSET. 2018. DOI 10.4108/eai.24-10-2018.2280629.6.
Erniwati., Ahmanas, S.R., Fayanto, S., Adrianto, N., Ahmad., Undu, M.A.A., Sulwan., Setiawan, KY., Anas, M. “Application Composite Of Iron Sand Extract And Activated Charcoal Of Cashew Nuts As Powder Ink (Toner)”. In Conference Proceedings ICCSET. 2018. EAI DOI 10.4108/eai-24-102018.2280535.
Jalaluddin, G. A., Darmad. “Analisis Karakteristik Emisi Gas Buang pada Sarana Transportasi Roda Dua Kota Banda Aceh”. Jurnal Teknik Mesin Unsyiah, Vol 1(4). 2013.
Abdul Gani Haji, Gustan Pari, Muhammad Nazar and Habibati. “Characterization of activated carbon produced from urbanorganic waste”. International Journal of Scienceand Engineering (IJSE).Vol. 5(2), hlm 89-94. 2018.Available: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274447547.
Das D, Samal DP, Meikap BC. “Preparation of Activated Carbon fromGreen Coconut Shell and its Characterization”. J Chem. Eng Process Technology.Vol 6:248, doi:10.4172/2157-7048.10002482015.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.