Audio Visual Media in Breast Feeding Health Education Related to Knowledge and Attitude of Lactation Women
AbstractThe problem of breastfeeding is become main concern in the word. Some mothers didn’t breastfeed exclusively because they was lack of knowledge regarding the benefit of breast milk for the baby and the method to breastfeed properly. Knowledge can be increased and give influence in attitude to change the behavior through health education. Health education based on the audio visual more effectively rather than using of an audio or visual. This study aims to compare the effectiveness of health education methods using a video and conventional method (leaflet and explanation). The study method is quasy experiment, pre and post test design. The number of 40 pregnant women was involved in this study. They were primigravida and in trimester three of pregnancy. The subject was divided to be control and intervention group randomly. Intervention group (20 women) was given health education using audio visual media. The control group was explained using a leaflet. Twenty questions regarding the benefit of breast milk and the methods of breastfeeding were used in pre and post test. Shapiro Wilk was used to analyze data distribution. The data was not normally distributed, then Mann-Whitney test was performed. The research revealed that there was a significant differences in the level of knowledge between intervention and control group (p=0.007). There was also a significant difference in the attitude of mother toward breastfeeding in the both groups (0.001). In conclusion, health education using a audio visual media was more effectively in increasing the knowledge and attitude of breastfeeding mothers.
Jurnal Penelitian Teknologi dan Kejuruan. “Pengaruh Penyuluhan ASI Eksklusif Terhadap Pengetahuan dan Sikap Ibu Menyusui.” vol. 37(1), pp.65-72,2014.
Dinkes. Buku Profil Kesehatan Provinsi Jawa Tengah Tahun 2015. Semarang, 2016.
Mubarak & Chayatin. Promosi Kesehatan Untuk Kebidanan. Jakarta: Salemba Medika, 2009.
Notoatmodjo, S. Metodologi Penelitian Kesehatan Edisi Revisi. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta, 2005.pp.52-53.
Anggraeni. Asuhan Kebidanan Masa Nifas. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Rihama, 2010.
Astuti dkk. Asuhan Kebidanan Nifas Dan Menyusui. Bandung: Erlangga, 2015.
Dewi dan Wawan. Teori & Pengukuran Pengetahuan, Sikap dan Perilaku Manusia. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika, 2010.
Mansyur & Dahlan. Buku Ajar Asuhan Kebidanan Masa Nifas. Malang: Selaksa Media, 2014.
Hidayat. Metode Penelitian Kebidanan dan Teknik Analisis Data. Jakarta; SalembaMedika, 2011.
Notoatmodjo, S. 2011. Pendidikandanperilakukesehatan.Jakarta :RinekaCipta
Fikawati, S., & Syafiq, A. “Hubungan Antara Menyusui Segera Dan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif Sampai Dengan Empat Bulan.” J Kedokteran Trisakti,vol.22,pp. 47-55, 2003.
Azwar. Pelaksanaan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif Di Indonesia. Jakarta: Warga Kesehatan Masyarakat, 2013.
Demirtas, B. “Strategies To Support Breastfeeding: A Review.” International Nursing Review, vol.59(4), pp. 474-481, 2012.
Noughabi, Z.S,Golian Tehrani, A.R. Foroushani,F. Nayeri and A. Baheiraei. “Prevalence And Factors Associated With Exclusive Breastfeeding At 6 Months Of Life In Tehran: A Population-Based Study.” Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal,vol.20(1),pp.24-32, 2014.
Hanafi, Manal Ibarahim, Sherein Abdel Hamid Shalaby, MD, Nahid Falatah, SBFM, Hend El-Ammari, SBFM. “Impact Of Health Education On Knowledge Of, Attitude To And Practice Of Breastfeeding Among Women Attending Primary Health Care Centres In Al Madinah Al Munawwarah, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia: Controlled Preepost Study.” Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences, vol.9(3), pp. 187-192, July.2014.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.