Analysis of Some Factors That Influence the Performance of the Cadre in Improving Exclusive Breastfeeding
AbstractOne effort to realize a healthy Indonesian society is by empowering the community through cadres. Cadres are expected to be able to bridge health workers with the community and support the success of exclusive breastfeeding. Furthermore this study determine the factors that influence the performance of cadres in increasing the coverage of exclusive breastfeeding. This study was an observational analytic study with aapproach cross sectional. The study sample was a health cadre in the Blora Health Center area. The independent variables in this study are factors that influence cadre performance including the level of knowledge, attitude, motivation, breastfeeding training. The dependent variable in this study is the performance of cadres in improving the performance of exclusive breastfeeding. Through proportional random sampling, subjects were chosen from 18 villages in Public Health Services in Blora district. There is 180 respondents interviewed based on questioners. Design used is Cross sectional and analysed using SPSS system. Because data on categorical variables, then the bivariate analysis use chi square in CI 95% and multivariate analysis use multiple logistic regression. There was a positive and statistically significant influence between knowledge and cadre performance (p 0,000 <0,05; OR 12,227; CI 95% 4,902-30,499) and training with cadre performance (p 0,000 <0,05; OR = 22,788; CI 95% 5,831-89,050). There was no significant effect between attitudes (p 0.859> 0.05) and motivation (p 0.260> 0.05) on cadre performance.
World Healh Organization/UNICEF. Pelatihan Konseling Menyusui Modul 40 Jam WHO/UNICEF Revisied. 2011
Depkes RI. Profil kesehatan Indonesia. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan RI 2011
Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Pedoman Pelaksanaan Stimulasi, Deteksi dan Intervensi Dini Tumbuh Kembang Anak Ditingkat Pelayanan Kesehatan Dasar. Kementrian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2013
Puskesmas Blora. Laporan Cakupan ASI Eksklusif UPTD Puskesmas Blora Tahun 2018. 2018
Kementerian Kesehatan RI. Buku Paduan Kader Posyandu. Jakarta : Depkes RI. 2011
Tedele N, Habta F, Akmel D, Deges E. Knowledge, Atttitude, and Practice Towards Exclusive Breastfeeding Among Lactating Mothers in Mizan Aman Town, Southwestern Etiopia : descriptive Cross-Sectional Study. International Breastfeeding Journal (2016) 11 (1)
Putra, N. L. A. E., & Putra, N. L. A. E. Evaluasi Peran Kader Dalam Upaya Meningkatkan Cakupan Pemberian ASI Eksklusif Di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Selat, Kabupaten Karangasem (Doctoral dissertation, Universitas Udayana). 2015
Iswarawanti, D. N. Kader posyandu: Peranan dan tantangan pemberdayaannya dalam usaha peningkatan gizi anak di indonesia. Jurnal Manajemen Pelayanan Kesehatan, 13(04). 2010
Wijaya, I., Murti, B., & Suriyasa, P. (2013). Hubungan Pengetahuan, sikap, dan motivasi kader kesehatan dengan aktivitasnya dalam pengendalian kasus tuberkulosis di Kabupaten Buleleng. Jurnal Magister Kedokteran Keluarga, 1(1), 38-48.
Setyatama, I. P. (2012). Hubungan Pengetahuan dan Motivasi Kader dengan Peran Kader Posyandu Lansia di Desa Kangkung Kecamatan Mranggen Kabupaten Demak. Jurnal Dinamika Kebidanan, 2(2).
Susilo, J., Kurdanti, W. Siswati, T,. (2012). Hubungan Program Kelompok Pendukung Ibu Terhadap Pengetahuan dan Praktik Pemberian ASI Eksklusif. Jurnal Gizi Indon 2012, 35(1):30-40
Sudarsono. (2010). Hubungan Sikap dan Motivasi dengan Kinerja Kader Posyandu di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Talun Kabupaten Blitar. Surakarta : Tesis Program Pascasarjana Universitas Sebelas Maret
Iswarawanti, D. N. (2010). Kader posyandu: Peranan dan tantangan pemberdayaannya dalam usaha peningkatan gizi anak di indonesia. Jurnal Manajemen Pelayanan Kesehatan, 13(04).
Rahmawati, H. A. (2017). Efek pelatihan terhadap peningkatan pengetahuan dan keterampilan dalam kegiatan penimbangan balita pada kader posyandu di kelurahan rengas kota tangerang selatan tahun 2017 (Bachelor's thesis, UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta: Fakultas Kedokteran dan Ilmu Kesehatan, 2017).
Simanjuntak, M. (2012). Karakteristik sosial demografi dan faktor pendorong peningkatan kinerja kader posyandu. JWEM (Jurnal Wira Ekonomi Mikroskil), 2(1).
Pittman, P., Blati, G., & Rodriguez, P. 2001. An Assessment of the Impact of Health Workers for Change in Avellaneda, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Health Policy and Planning: 16 Suppl 1, S40-6.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.